Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... unless they bought it and had to leave for some reason, then never made it back?

I know someone that did that...bought a brand new bike...put a couple hundred miles on it, enlisted, died overseas.....sat for years cause his mom didn't have the heart to sell it.....

I know someone that did that...bought a brand new bike...put
a couple hundred miles on it, enlisted, died overseas.....sat for
years cause his mom didn't have the heart to sell it.....
Yep. :)

Then there was the early Bump that was advertised at 31k miles. :)
Man oh man that baby looked like "31k miles" no kidding. :)

The red carpet and seat covers looked like new! :)
It had a slide-in camper in the back that'd been on it since new. :)
The camper was even in nice shape. :)
But the rig was from (or spent too much time in) the rust belt! :(
No sale to this desert rat.

Under the hood, same story, -except- for the replaced alternator.
...that prompted me to look through the papers, see? ;)
Old papers, showing the odometer had went around at least once.

IME, the front bearing in the alternator (a 6203 sealed ball bearing)
won't outlast the brushes but will go farther than 100k. My '75 still
has the original alternator in it because twice I've I put in a new
6203 bearing and new brushes once. :)

Alvin in AZ

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Found and added some more dents to the ford family....

Added a 79 f150 supercab 4x4..351m/auto/hd44 leaf spring front and 9" rear, w/ rear jump seats, along w/ a great sound system, this one is getting re-done for my son

2cwv67t.jpg

9b9lkw.jpg

AND a 79 f250 reg cab w/ 9' stahl utilty body, jasper 351m/ceramic coated headers/dual exhaust/manual trans/ d60 front and back/ combo of a fisher and a myers snow plow set up( fisher pump and lift ram and myers power angle plow frame/rams and blade), that actually works!!! This truck is going to be kept and redone as a landscape service truck

2ah5cmg.jpg

also came w/ graphics

15hhnqw.jpg

20fuc5v.jpg

forgot about the other adddition, bought it last yr..dec/09
a 78 f250 w/ d60's frt/back, 400 bored .040, auto and a brand new un-installed p/s bed skin

1z3bg5y.jpg

Last edited:

lostinfords

just filed the tax return ...the wife won't let me near it?? do you think she knows something I don't.... imagine what I could buy if I actually had money..:)

Uh yeah can't imagine. Any way we can get you to divulge what you paid for those gems? I'm in love with the SC btw...they're my fav ;) (had one with the jumper seats once)

lostinfords

being that you are in texas and aren't close enough to shoot me...the s/c was $250...
this was my 79 s/c that I still have, re-did it just before my son was born 11-1/2 yrs ago, not quite as nice now, still runs/drives awesome, will become a parts rig, swapping the upgrades into the bl/wht one
r9nzmt.jpg

a pic now
343kdv8.jpg

Ok first of all, $250 for an SC is insane...yep, would shoot ya if you were closer.

Second, you can't be serious about wanting to turn a good running SC into a parts truck...

lostinfords

the drip rails are going ..along w/ a section of the d/s floor, if I find a clean cab, I will keep it, otherwise something has to go..own about 11? maybe 12 complete dentsides and 3 parts rigs, if this trend keeps going I am going to need some land to store them all

That's all cosmetic, the mechanical is what counts! If that's all in good running order, then it's totally worth keeping her going in my opinion. I never was one to put too much in the aesthetics of a good rig... mechanical was all that concerned me. Not to say I can't appreciate a nice looking truck, but if it comes down to paying for new heads or a sparkly paint job, the heads are getting priority. Good SC's are gettin hard to find too...

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts