Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
What's the "a/t"?
AT or a/t = Automatic Transmission
PS = power steering
PB = power brakes
a/c = air conditioning
SWB = short wide bed

Initials used to be important when newspapers charged by the -word-. LOL :)
Old people still use 'em out of habit.

They shut down a newspaper in town. YeeeHaaaw! :)
Finally bye-bye to the propaganda in that newspaper's "articles", huh? :)

Alvin in AZ is a just another dumb libertarian with a bad attitude :/

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Flareside and styleside. Stepside and styleside, if you're talking Chevies. Not sure what Dodge called either of them.

Maybe Ford called 'em stepsides back then, too, I dunno. I kind of think "Flareside" came later.

EDIT: If you go way, way back to about 1931, Ford built Model A pickups, but then right at then end, in late '31, they also built some wide-bed Model A pickups. They still had fenders that stuck out and all, but they were wider than the normal beds. (The roofs were sheetmetal not fabric over the wooden framework on them, too.

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Flareside and styleside. Stepside and styleside, if you're talking Chevies. Not sure what Dodge called either of them.

Maybe Ford called 'em stepsides back then, too, I dunno. I kind of think "Flareside" came later.

EDIT: If you go way, way back to about 1931, Ford built Model A pickups, but then right at then end, in late '31, they also built some wide-bed Model A pickups. They still had fenders that stuck out and all, but they were wider than the normal beds. (The roofs were sheetmetal not fabric over the wooden framework on them, too.

back in '31 Ford Came up with the term Flareside and has used it ever since. never has a Ford ever been called the S-word. thats Chevys. they are stepsides..... ick... i hate saying that. Fords are Flaresides, always have been always will be.

Heck, many others prob'ly did too. :)
That's the problem with not spelling it out. :/
It means different things to different people.

SNB = short narrow bed
LWB = long wide bed
#$%^& = get this broken down Chevy away from me, tired of foolin with it

Butthead in AZ

I'd call a SNB a FS.

Hey Taylor, do you know what a SNOB is?

Ski Nautique Open Bow....seriously..

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles