Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ta Daaa! 56K DEATH

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Here's my new toy......and here's the list of all I've done to it in the two days It's been in my possession:Wired the glowplugs into a pushbutton on the dash, swapped gauge clusters as PO had put a gas cluster in it, put in new(used) clutch pedal assembly as the old one was broken, welded the body piece back in that the pedal assembly bolts to under the dash, Put exhaust on with a glasspack since before it dumped out right underneath the cab (MUCH BETTER!), Swapped starters for one my buddy had layin around, put new (used) headlight switch in, Hooked up speedo behind cluster, put new chrome trimmed headlights and grill in, and straightened out lower valance.

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

And the break in the pedal assembly...ouch....

012.jpg

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It's an 89 F250 7.3 NA ZF 4x4.......Yes, that is a gray vinyl bench seat that has been re-wrapped and re-foamed...very comfy...any other questions just ask...and Yes, I did steal it!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I still got it...the grey pile is my best friend's 90 F350 with a 92 front clip 7.3 and ZF 5 speed on 38 PJ's........Both trucks are Lariats and the AC in his is AWESOME!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Me likey too...my buddy got it about 2 months ago and didn't touch it cause he figured it had bad rings...the crankcase vent was plugged...no more puffing out the oil fill...oh, and this thing hauls some serious butt!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Thanks Duncan.....hoping to get it all good n dandy soon...still have a few small things to button up and then maybe a tag.....That big primer thing in the background gets 22mpg city the way it sits there....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Duncan.....hoping to get it all good n dandy soon...still have a few small things to button up and then maybe a tag.....That big primer thing in the background gets 22mpg city the way it sits there....

That's impressive for that gray truck...looks like you made a pile of progress in a short while!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You need to follow in your best buddy's foot steps and swap for a 92-96 front clip too. You're not getting anywhere near good gas mileage with that brick clip that's on there now.

Other than that, good deal man!

Is that a D44 HD or a D50?

Either way, it looks like a stubby sucker.

Ford Truck Articles