Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If all goes well, engine should be together over the next two months.
Edit...I don't want the engine sitting while everything else gets done...and there is a lot to do still.

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Lookin good D.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Reman'd and recurved distributor from Reincarnation performance...going to graft an MSD 6AL to the original connectors and place it where the OEM unit sat.
That company has done distributors for the engine masters' series and was very familiar with the combination I am using.
Initial timing to be 14 deg..curve as follows:
500-0
1000-2
1500-5
2000-9
2500-12
2800-14
Vac advance will be 12 deg at 18'' vacuum
Bronze gear added for the roller cam, will be grinding flashing/castings down and using dryfilm to finish it:

79_Truck_00412.JPG

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Sissy, all the coin you throwed down on a bad az ride and your going to put a lame distributor on it, put a mag on it. As an added bonus, if you sell that dist on egay and get a mag, I'll send you my buzz box to static time it, freight on me. Well maybe not, it will cost you a t shirt for the use though.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sissy, all the coin you throwed down on a bad az ride and your going to put a lame distributor on it, put a mag on it. As an added bonus, if you sell that dist on egay and get a mag, I'll send you my buzz box to static time it, freight on me. Well maybe not, it will cost you a t shirt for the use though.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dura-spark FTW!

I wouldn't waste the money on an MSD unit for anything under 750 H.P.

With FI and the CR I am running I don't consider it a waste.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
So when do you need me to send the buzz box out to ya? smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So when do you need me to send the buzz box out to ya? smilieFordlogo

When I'm ready to fork out $1500 for a magneto :D..which, you never know, might just happen on another project down the road...and speaking of shirts...the 'OL mentioned that the other day...she is on a mission :D

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
You being an electrican, and all, if you bothered to look up the data of a magneto...........the faster you turn it..............

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I learnt all about magnetos when I was a wee lad..the hard way :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks Good. yes you will need to line bore the block with the new caps. Good to go with studs. What year block do you have? You do know that the 77 block is the strongest block? I would look for one of those if I had not started any machine work yet. the 77 block has thicker webbing's and works really good with the 4 bolt caps. lifter valley is stronger too. Drill and tap 2 holes and use the roller stuff from a W. Works good and is easy.

Interestingly enough...block casting number is D7.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
At a standard rate of a 3 month head gasket job...he has about 20 years to go.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts