Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sig banner size?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I always use the default ppi that photoshop uses... 72

How's this look Brian?

Before and after...

banner-1.jpg

banner1nb4.jpg

in corel, when I resize a pic, it lets me do it in dimensions via pixel (566x125),
inches, (5.66 inches x 1.25 inches). PPI is last, and default on mine is 200.
for yours to come out the way it is, I'd say it's set at 100.

Chris, the line on the right side of the center truck is still a little visible... maybe a little clone brush on the greenery?

In paint shop pro. thats a corel product. when you click "Image" then "resize", it's in that menu that pops up, toward the bottom.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay I fixed the visible line that you mentioned Tom. Extended that bush in the background across the border of the image, then merged the two piles into one. Here's the first draft and the final product.

banner1nb4.jpg

banner1wm8.jpg

What the mind can conceive, you can achieve, if you only believe....

And pray a lot.

I have tried over and over. The online tutorials are useless to me. I shake way to much (medicines) and my right hand and arm have been crushed. I am right handed too. You will see next Saturday how bad it is.

I even signed up for a photoshop class at the college. I attended the first day with my $50 book. Then they gave me more classes at the same time as I was taking one. Been the same every semester since. Oh well...:(

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I have never been a fan of the big sig pics. I tried a big one for a bit but have gone back to a smaller, I like to think more user friendly, sized sig.

My opinion of the size in no way reflects how nice a job everyone has done making them.

Just my opinion.

I have never been a fan of the big sig pics. I tried a big one for a bit but have gone back to a smaller, I like to think more user friendly, sized sig.

My opinion of the size in no way reflects how nice a job everyone has done making them.

yah...you just changed it overnight! :rof2:

If you have ever visited a place like DELPHI FORUMS you will see what happens when graphics and huge sigs take over a thread, or a site. It is annoying, especially as you have to wait for all those images to load before scrolling down will work properly. If you click that link and visit there be forewarned... you are entering the blonde zone!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well it looks really sharp.

Good job Chris!

With the borders built into the vbulletin code, our aim was 750 wide max to give courtesty to the 800x600 users. They are still around, and I have the analytics to prove it... :p

Ryan

My Mothers computer is set there as well.

Occasionally, I reset this one to that, when I work on her webpage, so I can see what she will see.

Then I forget to change it back and wonder why everything is so much BIGGER lol

looks very good

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm trying a pic, but I think I'll probably go back to the quote of the week thing.

My old eyes can't read those specs on your truck with that cross-hatch background...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts