Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sig banner size?

I ran a search, but have not found anything. If this is a repost, just delete it and point me in the right direction.

What is the size limit that is imposed on this site for the sig banner things that Chris has been making?

I am/will be playing for a while. :wavey:

I was admiring your new one earlier.
As far as I know, we are trying to just be practical. bigger pics mean more bandwidth, etc., but not so much an issue if they are hosted elsewhere.
With Chris doing the bulk of them, they seem to be rather uniform. Maybe get the properties off of one? just an idea.

Looks great to me... not near as invasive as some I'd seen.

Yep, the search engines DO look for text... doesn't matter what size or where, tho. you could have a list alongside your sig or whatever floats your boat. I'm down to the 84 E350 motorhome, for now, so I just leave mine blank, lol
Sure do miss my trucks. Dad's GMC is purty, tho... gotta say that much ;)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
A while back Ryan and I agreed that 720x175 is the absolute max (so that people running lower resolutions don't have to scroll side to side). Of course it courteous to keep it as far below that limit as possible but definitely don't go any higher.

And Tom: bandwidth doesn't factor into theequation unless the graphic is hosted ON FTF. If the graphic is hosted elsewhere, the only thing that ever touches FTF's servers is the hyperlink to those images.

And Tom: bandwidth doesn't factor into theequation unless the graphic is hosted ON FTF. If the graphic is hosted elsewhere, the only thing that ever touches FTF's servers is the hyperlink to those images.

Well, Chris, that is kinda what I meant when I said, " but not so much an issue if they are hosted elsewhere."

I know, I shoulda cut the "so much" out.:rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
And by the way Brian, I like the sig pic YelloThumbUp

If you want, I could try to blend the edges of the pictures together and make it look more like one single panoramic photo. Just gimme the word :)

That would be sweet, chris! Make it look like 3 trucks all together there.

Yes, that was a compliment. Enjoy it.
Then get over it. :rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well, Chris, that is kinda what I meant when I said, " but not so much an issue if they are hosted elsewhere."

I know, I shoulda cut the "so much" out.:rofl:
Whoops I gleaned right over that when I read your post. Selective reading at it's finest :D

That would be cool. I have no clue how to do that.

I am trying to get the old HTML (forgetful) so I can change the link into text that will take somone to the photobucket site. I will keep tinkering. So far it is not working. LOL
just highlight the ("SIGPIC/SIGPIC") and then click the link button on the menu and add the url

I will try that tom.

Chris: I fixed the banner so the corner is not cut off. You might have to refresh to get the new one.

EDIT: That worked Tom. I forgot about doing that on websites. Been way too long. Old age is catching up to me fast!

Last edited:
566x145 at how many Pixels/inch?

And CHRIS, do you remember what that 720x175 setting was? Lets face it; at a lower ppi, that could be huge, lol.

566x145 at how many Pixels/inch?

And CHRIS, do you remember what that 720x175 setting was? Lets face it; at a lower ppi, that could be huge, lol.

I have no clue.

The pics started out at 3648 X 2736. I then changed them to thumbnails that were 198 X 145 (center one is narrower).

Then combined them and added text.

EDIT: 30.3 K file size. I can probably figure out how to lower the resolution if it needs it. pixels I have no clue how to check.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles