Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project Cheap Bastard: LEB 70 460

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Lookin goooood!

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nah...FL1A...or something from the ginger...err Chris.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Should really pop sitting on top of the teal and pink. Besides, should be good for a brazillian woopows.

image441.jpg

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Cool project, Ben! That Bronco is gonna move. Good to see another big block on here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah man...I'm looking forward to it. Only thing I have to worry about now are driveshafts. Guess it's time to go 1350's. Also kicking around the idea of selling my Bronco and finding a project bronco with tons already under it to save some coin, and swap my new drivetrain in. If I can't come up with anything, I reckon I'll move forward with the 05+ SD ton swap.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
When do Mutt and Jeff figure they will have this bad boy ready?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
When do Mutt and Jeff figure they will have this bad boy ready?

Heads are the only hold up right now. Beyond that everything should be ready for assembly. Beyond that, probably gonna opt for a rear sump pan. I'm getting some top secret valve covers built. And Kris would be a lot happier/convincing me to go with a set of Mad Dog headers. While I agree...I have cheap bastard problems.

Heads are the only hold up right now. Beyond that everything should be ready for assembly. Beyond that, probably gonna opt for a rear sump pan. I'm getting some top secret valve covers built. And Kris would be a lot happier/convincing me to go with a set of Mad Dog headers. While I agree...I have cheap bastard problems.

Lol...finally,something in common!....smilieFordlogo

Cheap bastard problems...:D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry to keep you guys hanging. Project is coming along as planned. Machine shop was more backed up than anticipated. Heads should be done this week. I did stick with the d0ves and the custom cam grind will bleed off the compression to give it the manners I want, while retaining the power I want. Heads are a simple valve job and some light port work. Once Kris has the heads, final assembly can take place.

Decided not to go with stock manis and I'll be going with Mad Dogs...so splurging a little there. Decided to go rear sump pan as well. Front sump will clear with my lift, but felt it would just look unfinished. Beyond that, only other thing I should have to buy is the stall converter. So we're coming down the home stretch.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It should end up being in the 10.5:1 range. Certainly didn't want any more to do what I wanted. It was enough of a headache trying to get it to run on pump gas. Hindsight being 20/20...D3 heads woulda been fine with some work and dropped me to the 9.6-9.8:1 range. Coulda gone much more aggressive on the cam, wouldn't need a stall and would be a lot happier at the pump. And woulda left the option of flat tops on the table some time down the road.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Blang blang...

image458.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The end is drawing near...heads are done.

image466.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts