Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

painting my wheels

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Got any pics of the whole truck? The wheels look good, but it's hard to really judge the whole vehicle without a pic. :)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i can get some pics of the truck probably friday when i wash it. its snowing right now and it looks all crappy from thw road dirt/slush/snow/everything else.

thanks for the compliments by the way!

i have nothing on my truck that is grabber green
...just a diff cover that is "trashcan blue" - kinda a mistake
IMG_2213.jpg

...but i do think it would look good. black wheels and a white truck are super clean. it would give it a little pop of color and really stand out. go find some lug nuts at a junkyard or something and give it a shot.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I like your blue dif cover, I had my valve covers in blue, but had to take em off and repaint and all I had was black lol. My 88 Wrangers big round carbed intake was Ol' Ford Blue. People were like wtf lol.

it was supposed to be more "truck blue", but didn't work out that way. i just wanted some protection from more rusting

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but who's going to actually see them spinning and gear oil sloshing under my truck? When I'm driving? Lol. Plus the Roush one adds strength by adding stability to the caps. And it looks pimp. Lol.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I will. Lol.

I just meant it'd look cooler on a lifted truck (p.s. yours) compared to one like mine that I want to lower. :) That one doesn't have the additional strength factor, either.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
But what about us guys with 9 inches?

EDIT: That didn't come out right. You know what I mean.

Ford Truck Articles