Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no good ford v8's?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ill stick to my 390 the only thing I might ever put a chevy in is my jeep just cause its easy to do if I wanted to do it. I am perfectly happy with the little buick v6 thats in it now and it will not die. It also spins the tires in every gear with the little bugger.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You need to get some pics of your rigs Dan.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
This is my old 78 with a horrible old ford v8. A 351m/400 just like yours mudslut. Mine has headers, new rods and mains,all emmisions removed and a straight up timing chain set. Everything else is stock. Thats all gears shifted manually on the orginal c 6. These old motors are tough, and they got some low end grunt too.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=KlVrjHvHzgU

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
This is my old 78 with a horrible old ford v8. A 351m/400 just like yours mudslut. Mine has headers, new rods and mains,all emmisions removed and a straight up timing chain set. Everything else is stock. Thats all gears shifted manually on the orginal c 6. These old motors are tough, and they got some low end grunt too.

That dosen't sound or look horrible to me man :D

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I dont think my dad would appreciate me burnin up the new tires he just bought for it or me blowin up the new motor we just barely got runnin good.

I had another 78 F250 Supercab before this one with a 400 and man she could light up my 36" TSLs in EZ mode...damn good motor there.

The Supercab I have now has the big daddy fo sexy and man I gotta watch when I turn corners and accelerate or I'll be buying tires sooner than I want to :p

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I had a 78 F-150 4x4 with a 72 400 M Block swapped into it. Lets just say, it had forged rods/crank/pistons with a better cam, slightly ported heads, (owner never let out the exact specs on the cam, but had reciepts from when he done the work to prove it) and a Edelbrock Performer with a Holley double pumper 650, it got up and got with the business, shoulda never got rid of that truck. Although the littler 4.6 did a good job towing a 68 Tempest for my boss today :)
Now i want a 4.6 or 5.4 DOHC supercharged under the hood :p Just playing, modulars have their place, it just depends on which one you have. Anyone seen the one in the T-Bucket that's got a 6-71 Blower on top? Sweet looking set up, best of all, it ain't a Hemi, it's a Ford engine!

Ford Truck Articles