Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NC Chat

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...last time me and Dad went out that way, we went for mulies, he got one at 319 yards with MY .270...azzhole, I shoulda got some credit for that deer. To be honest, I really enjoy my .300 WinMag for distance shooting, I don't think I'd hesitate to take a 500yd shot with it. The .270 is great up to about 250 yards, but with the combo I use, I'm dead on at 200yds, but the bullet drops 8" at 300yd and drastically loses velocity...so I don't think I'd go that route for distance shooting. As for the 30-06...that's pretty much a heavy brush gun and will perform about like the .270 distance wise with more knock down power. Can't speak much for the .308...been wanting to build a long range gun in that chamber...seems like it gets high praise.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
From what I hear the .308 and .30-06 are abouth the same unless you're running 200+ grain ammo.

The .30-06 does better with the heavier loads because of it's bigger cartridge, therefore it holds more powder and thusly, a more powerful round.

But you don't notice unless it's a heavy lead.

A .300 Win Mag is a big powerful round, but it's also heavy, expensive, and more recoil then a .308.

I'd take one though if the price was right...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anybody doing anything fun starting next week and want an extra tag along? Wheeling? Shooting? Etc?

Anyone know if you can still get tickets for Pinks All Out at the end of April?

Cliff if I remember correctly you've planned
work days they just never workout

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cliff if I remember correctly you've planned
work days they just never workout

Yeah I know but I won't plan this until I am ready. I have a lot to do before I put the 400 in.

So how are things with you?

Well this isn't exactly where I was talking about 4 talking so its hard to say here. Momma had the supporation papers drawn up. Good and bad parts as you might expect. Thinking about stepping down at the other site you know same old different day
You know Michelle is here too don't you

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well this isn't exactly where I was talking about 4 talking so its hard to say here. Momma had the supporation papers drawn up. Good and bad parts as you might expect. Thinking about stepping down at the other site you know same old different day
You know Michelle is here too don't you
\
try my IM at yahoo oldtiredrebel I have too many ears here

My point exactly OK can do

Hey it says your not online

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts