Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NC Chat

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How's everyone doin on this fine, fine afternoon? Everyone enjoyin the weather? Mid 70's nice breeze...wish the weather was like this year round on this great state. Anybody have any spring plans?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
It's mid 20's, cold wind, and heavy snow where I'm at...

Wish I was still an NCer...

And so far my spring plans are shovleing the driveway and buying a 4wd to get around in the snow...

Had to drive Brandon's Tahoe again today 'cause I couldn't even get my truck out of the driveway...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Matt...keep us posted on the 4x4 hunt.

PS...you're still a cross dressing, one pipe, traitor...haha.

PPS...shoulda stayed in NC and become a worthless piece of humanity so all of Obongo's policies would take care of you.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Matt...keep us posted on the 4x4 hunt.

PS...you're still a cross dressing, one pipe, traitor...haha.

PPS...shoulda stayed in NC and become a worthless piece of humanity so all of Obongo's policies would take care of you.

Well, lucky for me there's nothing but 4wds out here, so almost any truck I can afford will be good enough.

I was at the parts store the other day. I'm used to them asking year, model, engine, and 2wd or 4wd.

He asked me if it had the full time or part time transfer case'smiliedoh'

Umm... It's uh... a 2wd...:redface:

What?!

I said it's a 2wd...

Oh...

And yeah, I could've stayed in NC and went on welfare and been a worthless pos for the rest of my life, but I decided not to.

And I'll just ignore your other comments :rofl2:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well, lucky for me there's nothing but 4wds out here, so almost any truck I can afford will be good enough.

I was at the parts store the other day. I'm used to them asking year, model, engine, and 2wd or 4wd.

He asked me if it had the full time or part time transfer case'smiliedoh'

Umm... It's uh... a 2wd...:redface:

What?!

I said it's a 2wd...

Oh...

And yeah, I could've stayed in NC and went on welfare and been a worthless pos for the rest of my life, but I decided not to.

And I'll just ignore your other comments :rofl2:

Ya shoulda stayed.. You could have gotten a job as a security guard.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
??? Explain

There are several companies around W-S that are hiring for Security Guards.
Depending on the Job Site you could be signing in Visitors,Trucks, or making rounds the pay isn't the greatest but it's a living most start out 7.50-8.00 a hour to start.

We Have a new Pull a Part going to open in W-S that will pay 7.00 a hundred for cars and you don't have to remove anything like you do at a scrap yard. And they are hiring too. There are jobs here it just depends on what you are willing to do and how low in pay you are willing to accept.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ya shoulda stayed.. You could have gotten a job as a security guard.

??? Explain

Don't really know what Cliff is talkin about...but I was kinda surprised you moved too. Dunno what kinda bank you're bringing in now, but in several searches for jobs after I graduate, I've found several jobs in the $30-40k range, that only require a high school diploma. It just depends on if you're willing to swallow your pride and do what they want. Me, I'm still holding out for the $60-70k first year job, because I feel my 5 years of schooling should be worth something out the gate. Of course, if worse comes to worse...I guess I'll take what I can get, can't get picky in times like this.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I make anwhere from $15-25/hr as a carpenter, so I'm doing pretty well out here...

It wasn't a big deal for me since I was only renting a single wide trailer in NC and only working occasionally.

It's true that I probably could've found work there, but I really do enjoy carpentry and am quite good at it.

I'm now living for free with my cousin and back to making goood money in construction. That's all I want/need from my life right now.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
There also seems to be plenty of construction jobs here too. New housing is starting to pop up around here

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I make anwhere from $15-25/hr as a carpenter, so I'm doing pretty well out here...

So $30-50k...not too shabby, but I dunno if that would have warranted a move for me...maybe I just know who is hiring, are have a bigger network...haha.

There also seems to be plenty of construction jobs here too. New housing is starting to pop up around here

Ain't that the truth...a couple family friends are in construction and are strictly dealing with multiple family dwellings, and each company is averaging a new hire a week for last couple months. I guess when people lose their homes, there is always someone who can benefit from that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The hunting is better in Montana too :rofl:

Won't disagree with that...me and Dad used to go out to that part of the country (Wyoming actually) yearly for white tails...and it's good hunting, I prefer hunting where you can see for miles, and if you can see it, you can take it. However, for purely deer size, Wisconsin/Illinois is the place for monster bucks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts