Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My turn for problem

blacksnapon

Staff member
Oil in the intake would make it worrisome for the potential of runaway, is that correct?
Yeah. Many body shops have experienced it after repairing the body of an overturned truck. Fix the body, start it up, bam, instant excitement!

Nope, more pressure in the oil system than in the exhaust or intake. With a worn seal, you're more likely to get oil in the exhaust or intake.

Oh I was thinking into the turbo oil drain rather than the supply. There has to be some decent pressure drop across the bearing.....

Ya know I was just thinking... It's Christmas Eve and I'm writing into this forum. No wonder my wife hates the computer!

So my hope the the extra pressure in the block is via the turbo oil return line is a pipe dream, and some thing else is bad, beside the turbo itself. It was raining here all day so I did not get to look at the turbo. I tring to get the truck d-kuzmen on friday/monday.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
So my hope the the extra pressure in the block is via the turbo oil return line is a pipe dream, and some thing else is bad, beside the turbo itself. It was raining here all day so I did not get to look at the turbo. I tring to get the truck d-kuzmen on friday/monday.

Well it still boils down to doing some basic diagnostics to help pinpoint the problem and determine if it is a simple fix, or requires a tear down and rebuild. With any engine, diesel or gas, always follow the basic diagnostic rules as you track down and pinpoint the problem.

Do a cylinder leak down test to see if you have a compression problem in one or more cylinders. If you have low compression/leak in a cylinder then pull the head and see what the damage is.

Unless a cylinder is trashed beyond repair, a rebuild should save you some money especially if you can do some of the work yourself. These engines can take a lot of abuse before you have to throw them away and buy a new one.

Well I got to Look at the engine today. I look at the turbo compressor side today, all look good the vanes spin and no oil.
I have the CCV mod and it vent to back of the truck, today I found a puddle of what looks like Oil/Coolant mix, a green guewy mess. I also remember that there was some pressure in the coolant/degas bottle.
So where in the engine does Oil, Coolant and pressure have a possible mixing point, I thinking now maybe head gasket.
Going to get AAA to tow it to Dave tomorrow.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well I got to Look at the engine today. I look at the turbo compressor side today, all look good the vanes spin and no oil.
I have the CCV mod and it vent to back of the truck, today I found a puddle of what looks like Oil/Coolant mix, a green guewy mess.
So where in the engine does Oil, Coolant and pressure have a possible mixing point, I thinking now maybe head gasket.
Oil cooler is the problem area.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Were was the puddle, under the truck on the ground or on the motor someplace?

If you do a cylinder leak down test you can determine if there are compression leaks.

I update My last post.

blackhat620 - The pubble was on the ground, below the CCV reroute hose.

BlacKsnapon A bad oilcooler would be nice, but how would I account for the pressure in the block.

I did have the EGR Cooler replaced in AUG.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I update My last post.

blackhat620 - The pubble was on the ground, below the CCV reroute hose

That is not the place you want to see coolant coming out of. Pull the dipstick and see what the oil looks like, it should have coolant in it as well.

If you had pressure in the coolant bottle today, it sounds like a compression leak.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I did have the EGR Cooler replaced in AUG.

That is fine, and the oil cooler may have been week at the time, but since you say the coolant is coming out of the CCV i would venture to guess you have a compression leak somewhere, heads or block.

blacksnapon

Staff member
BlacKsnapon A bad oilcooler would be nice, but how would I account for the pressure in the block.
The oil cooler is the only place where the coolant and oil is in the same place (other than drainback oil in the block and heads). The pressure in the crankcase is another matter.

Well I guest I'll just have to wait for Daveto contact me and get the truck up to him 99.7 miles away.
Question: If lets say we fine a bad cyclinder wall can it be resleeve. And at what costs.
Just thing running through my mind.

And I want to thank you guys for all the input/help. John

Oil was comming out the tail pipe w Gray/white smoke. and an oil/coolant in the CCV hose at back of the truck, the degas bottle had some pressure but there was more pressure out the oil dip tube when I pull it.

Well truck on it way to Dave. Tow truck pick it up. Now wait and see.
Again thanks for the Input and Help. John

Well I guest I'll just have to wait for Daveto contact me and get the truck up to him 99.7 miles away.
Question: If lets say we fine a bad cyclinder wall can it be resleeve. And at what costs.
Just thing running through my mind.

And I want to thank you guys for all the input/help. John

You have about the same distance to your lifeline, Dave, as I have to mine, Vince. You have no idea how comforting that is for me to have Vince that close.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts