Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My turn for problem

blacksnapon

Staff member

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Trucks here, turbo's off, blew the seal inside the turbo. No oil in the turbo inlet pipe just the outlet, truck runs like a animal, not finding any excessive blow-by or coolant in the oil, I think what your seeing is condensation in the CCV hose with the normal crankcase pressures, you have to remember normaly this gets sucked back into the engine and burned, now you have a hose on it your going to see some oil dripping out of it, as well as condensation with these colder temps were having. Heres some pics.
HPIM0329.jpg

HPIM0328.jpg

HPIM0327.jpg

HPIM0326.jpg

HPIM0325.jpg

HPIM0324.jpg

kind of hard to see the oil coming out from under the impeller.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Great News!

Glad to hear it was not a major engine failure. John's christmas should be much better now.

Nothing like Great, Knowledgeable, Professioinal & Conscientious service techs, that quickly get to the heart of the matter. YelloThumbUp

Dave, Vince, BTH & the other techs here at FTF are a great resource, and a credit to there profession. We are lucky to have there ear to bend. Thanks for all your knowledge and help guys. YelloThumbUp

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Great News!

Glad to hear it was not a major engine failure. John's christmas should be much better now.

Nothing like Great, Knowledgeable, Professioinal & Conscientious service techs, that quickly get to the heart of the matter. YelloThumbUp

Dave, Vince, BTH & the other techs here at FTF are a great resource, and a credit to there profession. We are lucky to have there ear to bend. Thanks for all your knowledge and help guys. YelloThumbUp

Yeah im thinking we'll get away with a new turbo, once I get it running to where I can drive it and be sure, took it for a short ride had to come back so much smoke! lol....

Thanks thats what were here for..!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
took it for a short ride had to come back so much smoke! lol....

Smoke like a real diesel should. None of this environmental clean diesel crap! :rofl:

Reading Dave's post, I'm about to cry I'm so happy for John (seriously)......I don't know if there's another site on the net that has attracted the quality of techs this site has!!! Dave, Vince, Bowtiehtr, etal, thanks for choosing to hang out here and for all you do...:bow:

I see engine compartment with the tubro out, I say how they get it out so quick, I think I'd hurt my self tring to do it. Glad the CCV hose thing is not part of the failure. Also that it is a seal on the turbo for the oil leak.
Did you see or find anything about the extra pressure in the crankcase or was I seeing thing.

Dave today you the man. (in my book anyway)YelloThumbUp

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I see engine compartment with the tubro out, I say how they get it out so quick, I think I'd hurt my self tring to do it. Glad the CCV hose thing is not part of the failure. Also that it is a seal on the turbo for the oil leak.
Did you see or find anything about the extra pressure in the crankcase or was I seeing thing.

Dave today you the man. (in my book anyway)YelloThumbUp

I can have the turbo out in less than an hour it's pretty easy when you do it all the time... Crankcase pressure seems normal to me no extra huffing thing runs great. I'll call you with the even better news.!!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I can have the turbo out in less than an hour it's pretty easy when you do it all the time... Crankcase pressure seems normal to me no extra huffing thing runs great. I'll call you with the even better news.!!
The guy that works on mine gets it out in 30 minutes. :) Sadly, mine is the only 6.0 he's worked on, but he sure has gotten good with it!! ROFLMAO

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
The guy that works on mine gets it out in 30 minutes. :) Sadly, mine is the only 6.0 he's worked on, but he sure has gotten good with it!! ROFLMAO

Naturally, the turbo is much easier to remove when the engine is sitting on your garage floor with a hole in the bottom end of the block.:rofl2:

Man that is great to hear! Glad things worked out in your favor. Dave, clearly all Techs are not created equal. Great Job!

John

blacksnapon

Staff member
Glad to hear about your truck not needing an engine.

I also want to thank all of out rsident techs.
None of us would be here if not for the great people that actually will listen. There are a lot of extremely intelligent folks here, and we know that if we're not accurate in our help, you'll rake us over the coals. Personally, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Update, turbo is back in smoke is gone, drove the truck home runs great. Will be able to pick it up tomorrow..!! :cooldude:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Dave that is just awsome news. YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts