Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my 10th gen's log

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
AC Delco is so different..it's GM!!!!!

:p

What do you mean by the same quality before 04? [confused]

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
that's alright lol, especially just for calipers

I mean if I'm buying parts for my pre '04 truck, I want pre '04 quality. the parts probably are, just saying :D. I don't need no '04+ junk near my truck haha

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ermmm...quality is the same...did something happen after '04?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Have you driven the later model trucks?....I don't know why you would think that...every year they get better and better IMO.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I tend to avoid any dealer lol. they're all ripoffs.....

Theres a lot of customers that by their very nature, you don't go out of your way to help them.

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
Have you driven the later model trucks?....I don't know why you would think that...every year they get better and better IMO.
haven't driven an '09+ and in no hurry. I wouldn't buy one on looks alone. 04-08, own one. I do like the 2015s a little better but they'll never match the old ones. I just can't take to the things, they're more of a car with no trunk lid than a truck. they're built for people who want that too. the '09+ are known for doors rippling on closing, I want something more solid than that. et cetera

Theres a lot of customers that by their very nature, you don't go out of your way to help them.
won't argue that....that's everywhere

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
I don't hate the new ones, I just like the old ones better....hell that goes for most vehicles. I do note that I like newer superduties better than the early ones, but they'll never beat the OBS and back heavy duties. new GM trucks are alright, but I like the pre '99s way more. same thing with rams.

I guess I'm just old school - never did like much tech in trucks. makes it easier to do work on my own, I don't need a lot inside.....I just want a good looking truck, comfortable but simple inside, with a good work ethic. older vehicles look better in general to me as well.....not much effort put in styling anymore.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I am old school also...but I hate to break it to you...the new Super Duties are way more capable than any old truck...handling, power, towing, weight carrying...you name it.

I hear you on the tech...but you can thank the bubble wrapped world we live in for a good amount of it!

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
oh I know they can haul and tow more, but the OBSs can hold their own and look better doing it IMO. I do like the new superduties though.....good looking trucks. 2004-08 150s.....not bad. 09-14.....most I don't like the look of. a few I do though.

I think the 15s look better than either by a long shot.....a solid improvement, I might drive one and like it. I like that they're aluminum.....no rust and the weight loss is nice. perhaps they'll handle better for it. my biggest issue with the '04 is handling, and besides rack and pinion steering, I'd say weight is at fault...lot of weight in those for a half ton

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Again, matter of opinion...:beer:

I have an 05 6.0 and a new one will walk on it in capability.

Yeah, they do weigh a lot...but that equates to durability.

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
oh yeah, to each their own, some people love a brand new hi tech truck, that's fine by me as long as I don't have to drive one. I'm not sure weight equals durability though......they're bigger than the pre '04 trucks, that's most of it. big cabs etc. one advancement I love is aluminum.....the 2015s are far more durable yet much lighter....that's with another size increase.

no argument on the superduty....those are still built to be true work trucks. yes they come with lux interiors etc, but they aren't built to be efficient daily drivers (for trucks) like 150s are. and the 150s never used to be either, trucks never used to be bought for that purpose.

you have a 6.0 huh.....nice....been meaning to ask you, you currently own that blue 6th gen ford in your avatar?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yes I do own that blue truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
79....engine is being modified a bit :D. Came with a 351M.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

NEWFIE F-150

son of Steve
flicked through part 1, subbed to the others....have a better look at it all over time :) .....nice truck, that's for sure

on another note.....here's the lights I'm tempted to get

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks and those look similar to the later model housings...they work well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts