Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lowering on the Cheap

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i removed 2 leafs from the rear and cut 2.5 coils from the front and then re adjust the chamber this is my result

IMGP0094.jpg

IMGP0081-1.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
maximum that was available.. i think it was 4 or 6 degrees i dont remember..
for the rear u gotta remove leafs and see how it sits.. after about 4 tries i got it right i removed the shortest and before longest leaf

BE SURE TO ADD TRACTION BARS IN THE REAR BECUASE IT WILL WEEL HOP AND LOOSE 60% CAPABILITY TO HAUL HEAVY STUFF
i dont mind cause i only drag and cruise i dont use it to haul stuff

the front
IMG01660-20111220-1532.jpg

i cut 2 coild if i remember right

if u want i can try and take a pic of the rear leafs

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
maximum that was available.. i think it was 4 or 6 degrees i dont remember..
for the rear u gotta remove leafs and see how it sits.. after about 4 tries i got it right i removed the shortest and before longest leaf

BE SURE TO ADD TRACTION BARS IN THE REAR BECUASE IT WILL WEEL HOP AND LOOSE 60% CAPABILITY TO HAUL HEAVY STUFF
i dont mind cause i only drag and cruise i dont use it to haul stuff

the front
IMG01660-20111220-1532.jpg

i cut 2 coild if i remember right

if u want i can try and take a pic of the rear leafs

Yes Please picture will be helpful. But How long is one coil? And Can I use my chop saw to cut them?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i didnt even remove the coil to cut it.. ( yeah i went crazy that day with the grind machine ) i did measure it about 10 times tough.. i dont know how long it is just try cutting 2 coil a way that it will sit like its in the picture so u can use a U bolt for extra safety hope u can see it in the pic

ok tomorrow i will take a pic and upload it when i get a chance

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
i didnt even remove the coil to cut it.. ( yeah i went crazy that day with the grind machine ) i did measure it about 10 times tough.. i dont know how long it is just try cutting 2 coil a way that it will sit like its in the picture so u can use a U bolt for extra safety hope u can see it in the pic

ok tomorrow i will take a pic and upload it when i get a chance

Great I look forward to seeing pictures. I know you are running 2 Gen Lightning wheels, what size tires are you running. Also can you include a picture of your traction bars?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
im gonna take the pic now... tire sizes are 280/40R18

IMG00099-20120306-1523.jpg

IMG00100-20120306-1523.jpg

IMG00097-20120306-1517.jpg

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks Jurgen, Did you have to reset your pinion angle on the rear end?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I still haven't seen the spacer you have told me about a few months ago.

The thing on the bottom of the spring in Jurgen's picture with the two eyelets I think is what he is talking about.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It will still bolt in. There's a washer that sits inside the coil that retains it to the beam. The bolt that the washer is fastened with goes completely through the beam.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
It will still bolt in. There's a washer that sits inside the coil that retains it to the beam. The bolt that the washer is fastened with goes completely through the beam.
This is getting a lot easier to do. What size camber spacers did you have to use? I can't remember.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts