Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ingram Automotive Detail

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Is that how they spell license in Canadia? smilietease

hahaha, good catch Doug. It's a variant of License, smilietease

Orgin: Middle English, thank the French :headbang:
random_003.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Small order of supplies came in today, here's a sneak at what the big boys use. :D

The small bottle on the right is Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner, aka Sonax FE. It's a color changing cleaner that starts out green and turns purple as it removes dirt, brake dust, and iron deposits. This stuff is the chit.

All of that purple is mostly iron deposits that you can't get out with scrubbing! It's all in the proper chemical selection.

The two containers are Meguiar's D101 cleaner. A very versatile all purpose cleaner for anything from leather to tires (at varying dilution ratios, of course).

Red brush is the Daytona Speed Master. The stem is flexible and offers the perfect shape and size for rims like mine. Also good for cleaning the backside of the rim face.

The other brush is a generic brush. One of my favorite tools to have! Everything from lug nut areas, door jambs, dash vents, engine cleaning, emblems and more can be cleaned with this safe-for-paint boar's hair brush.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Roy, I'm sure (okay, not entirely sure) you're familiar with MSDSs. I generally look up the health effects before trying a new product. That said, I do have several caustic or health-damaging chemicals that remain locked in a storage cabinet. I have the proper protection for those situations.

I'd say that at least 80% of my stuff is non toxic. All of my polishing stuffs are water based (not solvent or kerosene based), etc.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Booked my buddy's new car for this weekend. It's brand new, less than three weeks off of the lot. It would appear that the dealer 'detailers' hacked the paint and installed a cornucopia of swirl marks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Cleaned the truck up after the snow storm. Not sure what was used on the roads, but it's full of metallic particles.

1622701_10152115011192284_1617777445_n.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Some of the salts are metals. I'm not a chemist so don't take that as fact.

I'm going to do a little research on that, especially since road coatings are a little foreign to me.

gross! sure looks like toxic sludge :headbang:

It's crazy. Did my buddy's car today:

1796672_10152117126707284_2036396487_n.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Just wrapped up a fun day with this beauty!

1964775_414498412019505_2122422507_n.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts