Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello from NorCal

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
Race? Nahhh... I'd be tempted if you didn't have that chip. In newer trucks those chips yield ungodly power improvements :headbang: What's your 0-60, any idea? What gears your runnin?

NEVER!!! smilieneenar
I used to have the Edge chip, but my tranny didnt like it. I got on a dyno and did some custom tunes through Troyer Performance, man what a difference.

My 0-60 isnt great because i have big tires on stock 3.73 gears, its probably like 7+ seconds. But shes got lots of low end torque, towing is no problem. Im going to swap in some 4.56 gears ASAP.

And dude, get that thing dirty. I do a lot of hunting in the valley and my truck sees mud often. I got stuck twice last year...but that was before the lift and mud tires.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Seriously! when we dragged the camaro pushing 900 odd hp we drove it to the track every friday! (sideways the whole time naturally haha)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Do we really need to get into the "mudding a daily driver" discussion?

One more time-- college kid, limited budget, ONE vehicle to rely on to get me around, limited time between classes and work to fix crap that I break in a mud hole.

When I can afford to have a 2nd truck for mudding, I'll be right on that bandwagon. Until then, I'm perfectly satisfied with my mallcrawler not seein' anything deeper than a few inches :D

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner

One more time-- college kid, limited budget, ONE vehicle to rely on to get me around, limited time between classes and work to fix crap that I break in a mud hole.

When I can afford to have a 2nd truck for mudding, I'll be right on that bandwagon. Until then, I'm perfectly satisfied with my mallcrawler not seein' anything deeper than a few inches :D

OH MAN!!!! better watch puddles that deep! you just might get stuck! smiliegitrdone

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

Hey now, im a HIGH SCHOOL student who works 6 days a week and i wheel the piss out of my truck and accept the fact that if i break it i get to spend my day off thrashing like hell to fix it..it adds to the excitement!

I'm perfectly satisfied...not seein' anything deeper than a few inches
smilienothingFunnyto

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey now, im a HIGH SCHOOL student who works 6 days a week and i wheel the piss out of my truck and accept the fact that if i break it i get to spend my day off thrashing like hell to fix it..it adds to the excitement!
High school? HAH! You payin for tuition, rent, utilities, food, textbooks, and other living expenses?

Not to mention-- when you break your truck, you can borrow parents/siblings cars. I don't have that luxury.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I pay for all my own food, gas (which is balls expensive compared to your prices), insurance, and whatnot, and i could never borrow the 'rents cars...

mSaLL150

Sounds like me. I dont wheel the crap out of my truck, but when the weather is nasty for like a week straight and the ruts get super deep, i do need to use 4x4 to get places and it gets muddy. I dont go looking to trash my truck just for fun though, it is my daily driver.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds like me. I dont wheel the crap out of my truck, but when the weather is nasty for like a week straight and the ruts get super deep, i do need to use 4x4 to get places and it gets muddy. I dont go looking to trash my truck just for fun though, it is my daily driver.
Absolutely. And I'm not afraid to use the 4wd if I have to. But I'm not gonna go LOOKIN for trouble. Mud don't scare me... It's the nasty truck treatment that's involved with heavy mudding that scares me.

mSaLL150

Absolutely. And I'm not afraid to use the 4wd if I have to. But I'm not gonna go LOOKIN for trouble. Mud don't scare me... It's the nasty truck treatment that's involved with heavy mudding that scares me.
Yup. My family has a ranch in Shasta county, and we have a '77 chevy reg cab/short box lifted 4" on 33s, lockers front and rear, bored out 350, 10k pound winch etc. We use it to recover trees from the creek and for firewood runs up the hills. Thats the rig i wheel with on when i want to have fun, it can go places.

This thread...

No friggin way, this is really to weird? You live in The Drakes Marc? Damn, small world I guess. I live over in Mace Ranch myself... what is it about Davis and FTF? I oughta come over and take a look at that sick truck of yours.

Hey Chris? I think we need to organize a Cali Chapter meeting, especially since gas is only $2/gallon. :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
This thread...

No friggin way, this is really to weird? You live in The Drakes Marc? Damn, small world I guess. I live over in Mace Ranch myself... what is it about Davis and FTF? I oughta come over and take a look at that sick truck of yours.

Hey Chris? I think we need to organize a Cali Chapter meeting, especially since gas is only $2/gallon. :D
Nah he lives in the frat house.

And yeah that's a good idea. Gas prices are low, this is a good time to meet. Imma go start a thread over there.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Haha, far from it. I'm here in Davis for the engineering program. Not the hippie crap :headbang:

Hippies build stuff to you know. Engineering degree would come in handy builing those communes they have . Also they could build some wild skat boards to save fuel.

Wait u skat board too.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

Besides a slightly lighter and shorter truck would be easier to get around trails. And his truck dosent flex to well with that big cab.

Welcome by the way !!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts