Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello Everyone

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
They suck gas like it's going out of style, yeah.

Ryan

Lol... I think I might be starting to get used to rust living up here...

Does anyone have a good resource for the tow ratings of these trucks?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Do a post in the generation 8-9 . Allot o guys don't look here but will know what you want about payload.

welcome kustom

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Howdy and welcome

be aware 1980-85 F350's had a TTB Dana 50 front axle
1986-up were Dana 60 mono beam
I would look into a 1986-94 F350 with a 6.9L or 7.3L IDI diesel if you want a fantastic combo of pulling grunt and mileage. of course i am biased towards International Harvester engines :)
Get an ATS turbo and turn up the IP and haul even with the PSD without the hassle of computers, get 20 mpg and blow black smoke all day to boot!

Howdy and welcome

be aware 1980-85 F350's had a TTB Dana 50 front axle
1986-up were Dana 60 mono beam
I would look into a 1986-94 F350 with a 6.9L or 7.3L IDI diesel if you want a fantastic combo of pulling grunt and mileage. of course i am biased towards International Harvester engines :)
Get an ATS turbo and turn up the IP and haul even with the PSD without the hassle of computers, get 20 mpg and blow black smoke all day to boot!

Of course diesels today are still made by international thru its remnants in the company Navistar.... :)

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Computers belong on my desk (and at that only because of FTF) not in my vehicles!

Can those diesel Fords of that vintage get those kind of mileage numbers?

I'm kind of scared of diesel engines, don't know a damn thing about them...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts