Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello Everyone

Just joined this site looking for a good resource when it comes to Ford trucks.

For the last few years I have been using my parents truck to haul stuff and tow cars around, but I'm thinking it is time to get my own truck. My parents have a:

1997 F150
4.6 V8
5 speed manual 4 wheel drive
Extended cab short box

This truck is great for light duty hauling and general use, but I'm looking at getting something a little stronger. I've been looking at late 80's-Early 90's F250's and 350's, my only requirement being that it has a manual transmission.

Just thought I would say hello, going to do some reading now and see what this site has to offer.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to the mix. If you can't find what you're looking for, post up with lots of questions. If it's not on here, I can guaruntee that someone knows the answer. I know in those years if you move up to the 250 and 350 you have the 460 option for gassers, and I believe the 7.3 for diesel.

Again, welcome. Let us know if you need anything!

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In that year range you'll find 6.9L IDI diesels and 7.3L IDI diesels in the latter years. The stronger powerstroke 7.3L didn't come until 94.5.

For a straight axle it'll have to be an F350. They didn't use the straight axle in the F250s til the late 90s.

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Don't think they built F-350s with the 300 in the late '80s, but I'm not sure. If they did, they didn't build too many.

That truck is pretty damn nice...

I'm looking for a work truck, I care more about durability, and how much it can haul and tow.

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
welcome to the site post up often

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts