Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

head gasket blew rest of the way

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Use a cro bar itll give ya alot more leverage than a punch will. What I have to do on the 72 is get underneath and push that side of the exhaust up while dad puts the bolt in.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Use a cro bar itll give ya alot more leverage than a punch will. What I have to do on the 72 is get underneath and push that side of the exhaust up while dad puts the bolt in.

Win...that's I do most the time too.

Already done that.

Do you really need to go buy a drift...use a piece of brass, rebar, who gives a damn, all you need is the general shape and size. FWIW, that's why when space is tight, I install the head with the manifold already together, then just worm them into place.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Use a jack with a piece of wood on it. If youre just tryin to get the hole lined up loosen the rest of em up and stick a phillips screwdriver in the top hole while ya put the bottom bolt in. If that dont work take the rest of em out and do the hard ones first.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Use a jack with a piece of wood on it. If youre just tryin to get the hole lined up loosen the rest of em up and stick a phillips screwdriver in the top hole while ya put the bottom bolt in. If that dont work take the rest of em out and do the hard ones first.

I agree, I don't have this problem anymore Chris, I've got exhaust manifold studs.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I agree, I don't have this problem anymore Chris, I've got exhaust manifold studs.

Me too. I think I even suggested that in here or another thread before or mentioned I had studs as well. Makes it so much easier.

Ford Truck Articles