Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Discussion V2

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
How well do the scuff plates in your truck in the US handle aging?

My driver side scuff plate just corroded away, but considing the fact I was occasionaly putting water on the carpet on the drivers side over th years that would explain the corrosion.

Mine are like new. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I recently started a casual search for spare green interior parts. I'd like to have a set of spare door panels, but if those are shot I'd still like to find a good dash pad too. Mine has one chunk out of it where some dummy slipped with a screw driver. I won't replace anything right away, but it's nice to have spares.

Alright Steve...I'll give it a look. Knowing how hard it is to find green interior stuff, I was tempted to just buy it all and ebay it...but then my conscience kicked it and I decided against getting the stuff basically only to gouge someone else.

I still have a bunch of Green interior items

Even a set of Lariat door panels with map pockets

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How well do the scuff plates in your truck in the US handle aging?

My driver side scuff plate just corroded away, but considing the fact I was occasionaly putting water on the carpet on the drivers side over th years that would explain the corrosion.

The ones that are on mine that came up from CA/OR are near perfect, just a bit dull....they will be replaced.

The scuff plates I bought from JBG for the Bronco are cheap aluminum and were very thin. Tighten the screws up to much and it distorts them. The good repro's are up near a 110 bucks, Dc has those IIRC, and the cheap model is around 60 a set.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Alright Steve...I'll give it a look. Knowing how hard it is to find green interior stuff, I was tempted to just buy it all and ebay it...but then my conscience kicked it and I decided against getting the stuff basically only to gouge someone else.

Thanks, man!

I'd rep you, but the gods will not allow it.

The problem, is that Canada Post is Not subsidized like the USPS is.

I would think postage /shipping would be about $40-$50 via USPS ground

2 days ago , I saw a 78 4x4 in some ones driveway that was being rebuilt. And it had nice looking turbines. FANTASTIC

Yesterday I just about puked. I saw a 79 bronco with a nice pearl paint job , lifted, and had the top off. But it had a tonneau cover to match.
The problem was it had 24in wheels . looked like CRAP. I think I might have seen some rubber on the wheels but wouldn't bet on it.

Today when I went to Northern tool , a guy pulled in with a great looking black 76 that looked like it had just been painted. When I asked him about it ,
he said he bought it used in 78 and its all original, Even the paint ! and has been garage kept since new. Reminded me of Fatherdogs.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2 days ago , I saw a 78 4x4 in some ones driveway that was being rebuilt. And it had nice looking turbines. FANTASTIC

Yesterday I just about puked. I saw a 79 bronco with a nice pearl paint job , lifted, and had the top off. But it had a tonneau cover to match.
The problem was it had 24in wheels . looked like CRAP. I think I might have seen some rubber on the wheels but wouldn't bet on it.

Today when I went to Northern tool , a guy pulled in with a great looking black 76 that looked like it had just been painted. When I asked him about it ,
he said he bought it used in 78 and its all original, Even the paint ! and has been garage kept since new. Reminded me of Fatherdogs.

You should have taken a pic of that 76.....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The problem, is that Canada Post is Not subsidized like the USPS is.

I would think postage /shipping would be about $40-$50 via USPS ground

USPS is not subsidized Dennis..we just simply get raped up here because we put up with it. I've had it buying stuff here until prices get in line.

Here I thought is is because they have 10 times as many people in the US

Time to start a facebook page for cheaper postage rates

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here I thought is is because they have 10 times as many people in the US

Time to start a facebook page for cheaper postage rates

Don't forget Canada Post has a handling charge just for cross border stuff...which is a load of BS. Then there is the GST....and if it comes UPS or other courier, they have a charge and brokerage in some cases. I just priced some Centerline rims here for roughly $400 each up here....$184 in the USA...how the hell do they justify over double the price?

We only pay the extra fees on Canada Post if the item hits a certain value.

I have had tons of stuff sent up via USPS with no extra charges.

sometimes once it hits $100.00 CDN Value then they charge a $5.00 processing fee and GST.

I have some things sent to Famiy members in the US then when they come home they bring it with them
My family is growing weary of bringing stuff back from the US for me.

Still waiting to hear when Bill is coming up to visit.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We only pay the extra fees on Canada Post if the item hits a certain value.

I have had tons of stuff sent up via USPS with no extra charges.

sometimes once it hits $100.00 CDN Value then they charge a $5.00 processing fee and GST.

I have some things sent to Famiy members in the US then when they come home they bring it with them
My family is growing weary of bringing stuff back from the US for me.

Still waiting to hear when Bill is coming up to visit.

Not so...the $5 is supposed to apply to any package..and the GST is applicable on all items...those are the rules..now, in reality...it is hit and miss whether they charge or not. I have found the best way is to have items shipped to a depot in Montana and drive down an pick them up. Small packages are charged $1-$5 to receive and are held for no charge. It might be worth it for you do that. I saved myself over $700 shipping with the engine and blast cabinet.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I went crazy when I went to Kansas City in 2005.
Interior for the Mustang and windshield trim for the truck.

No problems whatsoever at customs when I arrived back home

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts