Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do what you have to do to get money, Sell somethin'...etc...
Ever hear the old sayin' "where there's a will, there's a way" or "where there's a will, I wanna be in it"

YOU never answered my question, you just typed some rhetoric or something some one else posted

Having turned 60 last week I am well aware of what one has to do.

When I was 15... I had 5 jobs and got a former education at the same time

How about you?

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
YOU never answered my question, you just typed some rhetoric or something some one else posted

Having turned 60 last week I am well aware of what one has to do.

When I was 15... I had 5 jobs and got a former education at the same time

How about you?

I Turned 16 Today...:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well happy 16th bday. You getting your license today? Gonna get a rig of your own?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I Turned 16 Today...:)

Happy birthday. My question was the same as Ben's....when you getting behind the wheel of your own rig?

When I turned 16, I had to get a job so I could afford insurance (over 20 years ago and it was $120/month! smiliebeenripped) and I save up money during my 14th and 15th years, I did a paper delivery route, and purchased my first car, a 1969 Ford smilieFordlogo Falcon, two door, sport coupe, three speed on the column, full bench seats, straight 6. Loved that car....I still have the metal ashtray I kept when I lost it.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Well happy 16th bday. You getting your license today? Gonna get a rig of your own?

No, It's Hard To Get a License out Here, Also will Run you Back Several Benjamin's...But, I'm workin' on it...
When I do Get a License, I Get The '76 F-350, I wanna Restore it Too...:)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Bet that it doesn't get restored in the next 10 years at least and that some hotel hookers are having sex in and on in right now

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Bet that it doesn't get restored in the next 10 years at least and that some hotel hookers are having sex in and on in right now

It's a bet.We already know about the hookers though.The main part should be about getting the truck restored.

We can raise the bet $10 each time for economical reasons,unless we all feel a higher increment is reasonable.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Plus if they can't spend the money to register it now it won't get registered when he has his license or pay the insurance, etc. I would assume it won't get restored any time soon.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
I Bet $150.00 in won't Get Registered in The NEXT 20 Year's.
It Has $1,000 worth of CA DMV Fee's...
I'ma Go Register it in another State when I Can...

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
good luck cause you have to be a resident of the count/state its being registered in.

No Duh.
I Have Friend's/Family in other State's...

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
ok, so if your restoring your truck (supposedly) why wont you be able to get it registered in Cali? if restoring to stock condition you shouldnt have any issue.

forgot bout that... TRUTH!!

'Because CA has Too Many Fee's...
it Has about 4 $80.00 "Weight Penalty" Fee's...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Registering it in another state isn't going to work. I live in an area where I could drive two and a half hours and be in four states and I've seen this scam play out a thousand times. I've also personally experienced this in California when I moved and started my practice in California in the late 90's from Texas. Cops will recognize the location of the truck and out of state registered vehicles have a limited amount of time to have it switched or it needs to go back or it will get impounded and this is true in most states across this great land of ours. I've only seen it work a few times with corporate vehicles and employees.....registering it in uncle Bob's name who lives in Arizona and driving it in California to and from school won't fly with local authorities.

I would hope that you would get a regular job, even part time and pay for insurance, pay the required fees for registering it, semi restore it to be able to drive it, then work on a frame on resto over the next several years as the cash comes. If you can't do the job thing, then just wait till you graduate high-school or college and get a full time job to do the above.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Registering it in another state isn't going to work. I live in an area where I could drive two and a half hours and be in four states and I've seen this scam play out a thousand times. I've also personally experienced this in California when I moved and started my practice in California in the late 90's from Texas. Cops will recognize the location of the truck and out of state registered vehicles have a limited amount of time to have it switched or it needs to go back or it will get impounded and this is true in most states across this great land of ours. I've only seen it work a few times with corporate vehicles and employees.....registering it in uncle Bob's name who lives in Arizona and driving it in California to and from school won't fly with local authorities.

I would hope that you would get a regular job, even part time and pay for insurance, pay the required fees for registering it, semi restore it to be able to drive it, then work on a frame on resto over the next several years as the cash comes. If you can't do the job thing, then just wait till you graduate high-school or college and get a full time job to do the above.

best way to explain it.

doubt he'll listen though to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts