Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gauges

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You already said you weren't going under dash...so there goes my suggestion. I've also seen guys get a radio delete dash, put gauges there and mount the headunit in the glovebox. I'm sure if you know anyone good with fiberglass they could probably help you out with fabbing up something for your gauges.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You already said you weren't going under dash...so there goes my suggestion. I've also seen guys get a radio delete dash, put gauges there and mount the headunit in the glovebox. I'm sure if you know anyone good with fiberglass they could probably help you out with fabbing up something for your gauges.

Cool idea, but I guess I'm old..I want the radio where the radio is...thanks for the suggestion though!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How are you going to hide all the wires ?

Drill holes in the pillar, use grommets and run the wires under the dash

Important gauges on the pillar.. the unimportant ones molded into a floor/dash console between the seat and dash

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Important gauges on the pillar.. the unimportant ones molding into a floor console between the seat and dash

That's not a bad idea at all...I'm thinking I will be able to mount all of them on the pillar...voltage, oil pressure and temp, water temp, trans temp and tach.

IMO ;)

oil pressure, water temp and tach on the Pillar

Oil Temp,Trans Temp, Voltmeter in console

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree....mabye the trans temp up high as I am probably getting an aftermarket converter.

I think they look good on the A-pillar, I've also seen them done in those plastic headliners with the speakers and mount for a CB or stereo.

I like to keep my trans temp up high...but its on my 96 w/ an E4OD, so I'm a little more concerned with its temp than I am with my C4.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Voice activated:drool:

That would be cool if it worked....the voice activation in the Lincoln likes me but not the OL...it's weird.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The Lincoln must have been set up by a old guy with selective hearing loss.
Kinda like me and the GF.:rofl:

Bwahahahaha....I didn't but I like that explanation!!!!:beer:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I recognize the name now...I've seen a few bikes with them, didn't know they made car/truck stuff..it certainly would be a viable option.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts