Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

easy non internal engine mods

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL well don't break anything or you'll be walking fast :rofl:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
hey chris i forgot to ask..

hows the condition of the coil?? that could so what yo say it does..

try a MSD blaster coil

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
you will learn eventually....trust me...i drive like a granny now...i used to race (and it was quick) and i dukes of hazzard my truck and go mudding.

now what im left with. problems left and right........
well your not going to listen to me anyways.

You want a real nice launch. right before launch hold the brake and give it some gass about 1500-2000 rpms and when your read let off the brake and gun it....it will launch man....

dont do it for too long it will overheat the tranny

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
LOL I think I spun the tires in my truck like 3 times when I first got it and that was about it.

C'mon...don't be a pusscake Sean...hahahaha.

i know how to launch it. and i dont take it anywhere but the street. and i dont overheat it and i am safe with how hard i drive it.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
haha thing is im 19 and love goin fast...
Heck, I'm 40 and love goin fast, but after you blow up an engine and replace it, you start looking for other people that'll loan you their car to run errands so you can baby your own. :) Hey Tony, can I borrow your truck for a week or two?? 'smiliepig3' smilieFordlogo

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What would be good....

What ignition system would yall recommend? I want reliable performance w/o tearing into my engine. I plan on using this truck for offroad use, but also want road performance. I already changed the plugs and wires, but not the coil. Looked at the dristributor and it looks almost new. I want quality parts that will perform for a while. I also have installed a K&N hiflow air intake. Any other parts I can put on? I will be saving up so, I got time, but want to put a list togethar. smilieFordlogo

The truck is a 1990 w/ a 5.0 5spd 4x4

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
For ignition system? Either the 6L tune-up or the LiveWire kit......Chris, maybe your MAP is faulty and causing odd readings? Did you ever check your TPS? That could be causing things to be off as well.

I know...

For ignition system? Either the 6L tune-up or the LiveWire kit......Chris, maybe your MAP is faulty and causing odd readings? Did you ever check your TPS? That could be causing things to be off as well.

I know you wernt talking to me, but what is the 6L tune-up kit? My truck has the same problems as the original poster does. I am new to all of this and need to know what these terms mean. TPS?

Thanks

Thanks, I love this truck and want to take the best care of it as I can.

TPS stands for throttle position sensor...here's a link to the 6 liter tune-up.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63592
I was so impressed with your post last night, didn't know what to say,
"x2" just didn't cut it.
This morning is a different story tho... LOL :)
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...page=3&highlight=throttle+position+sensor+TPS

WD-40 and/or PB-Blaster seem like better choices for cleaning throttle
bodies (that aren't supposed to be cleaned;) than carburetor cleaner
or chlorinated brake-cleaner.

Alvin in AZ

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
all those ignition crap wont do much if they are worn change them

best bang for buck is longtube headers :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts