Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

easy non internal engine mods

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
NAWZ makes me giggle

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
anyone think maybe my coil is just acting up? like itll not fire fully sometimes and sometimes it will?

Unlikely...coils generally work or don't.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Have you checked all your electrical connections....sockets, plugs, battery connections, etc. and checked any and all screw terminals?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
all the electrical is fine. the truck runs smooth but just has hardly any power lots of times.

The reason I asked about electrical is for intermittent connections...pins in sockets can be loose and make either intermittent contact or possibly supply low voltage to the ECM without throwing any codes...I'm just trying to eliminate things.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Non internal power adder mods:

mythbusters-8.jpg

JATO.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
ok well whats the best way to check that? im not real good with electrical.

Check where the pins and wires connect, pull sockets apart and check for corrosion...use some dielectric grease when reconnecting. Wiggle wires gently where connections are...see if anything comes loose or doesn't feel right.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I had a buddy with a Durango that acted like yours. Turns out, when the dealer replaced his PCM, they broke the little plastic lock on the pluggin. Thus, like the others have said, intermitent electrical problem.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts