Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

easy non internal engine mods

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Are ya sure all your plug wires are on tight includin the one from the coil? New wires tend to come off sometimes cause the rubbers stiff. Also how does your cap and rotor look?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
To test the TPS pull the wires and use a analog meter. attached the leads ans slowly open the throttle watching the needle. It should be smooth and steady and not any jumps or jerky movements. When connected the voltages should be set to .5 volts for proper operation.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
How longs it been since ya changed the fuel filter?

Great minds must think alike- exactly what I was thinking. From the symptoms he's describing, that'd be my first guess. Dunno on a flareside, but on my wide box it was easy to replace.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
No just spin off the canister and pull the old filter out then put the new filter and O ring back on. Id clamp the fuel supply line very carefully though cause the plastics real brittle.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Put some stickers on it!

Seriously though change fuel filter and that tune-up idea seems good to me.

From some of your posts it seems like you just want to romp on your truck all the time doing burnouts and all. Why? It's nice to have more power and all, but how does it act when you just drive normally? From the pictures your truck looks nice. Stop beating on it LOL.

I had headers on my truck for some time, but I can honestly say that going back to manifolds was the best thing I ever did. I was very unhappy with them. But that is a somewhat inexpensive mod you could do.

Just my .02

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL I think I spun the tires in my truck like 3 times when I first got it and that was about it.

Ford Truck Articles