Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Drivers lisense test

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
g r a m m a r

Is the written test in some other language, possibly? smilieneenar I don't think they do southernese- even down in Tennessee.

I'm pretty sure I ain't gotta take the written again, only the driving test... since I passed the written to get my permit last year.

Could be wrong though...

and heck, ya'll still know what I'm talking about. Atleast I ain't saying "I r goin 2 take me driven test towmorrorrow" :rofl: :rofl:

lol... usually anymore the "written" part is just on a touch screen computer with multiple choice answers...

Yep, that's exactly what it is...

Blade

Backwoods boy
well hope ya get it. make sure to completely understand what the instructor says..... god why am i not farther north... :p hope ya get it man

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I'll help ya out tyler since i already did this just a couple years ago and in the same state.

When you are driving the test instructor HAVE BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL. now i know it feels weird and in some ways ghey. but do it. and if its anything like here you wont even be on the road long enough to get up to speed. you'll likely be surprised how easy it is. as far as coming to a complete stop. learn to do it or you'll have several tickets and you'll lose your license cause your young and they arent as leniant on us as they are say 25 or 35 year olds. and you dont have to take the written test. just the drivers test. and last but not least. cut your hair and look decent in your drivers license you dont wanna be regretting what ya look like, like i did. i look like crap in my pic.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
well hope ya get it. make sure to completely understand what the instructor says..... god why am i not farther north... :p hope ya get it man

I'll try to listen more carefully than you did when you took yours. :rofl:

I'll help ya out tyler since i already did this just a couple years ago and in the same state.

When you are driving the test instructor HAVE BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL. now i know it feels weird and in some ways ghey. but do it. and if its anything like here you wont even be on the road long enough to get up to speed. you'll likely be surprised how easy it is. as far as coming to a complete stop. learn to do it or you'll have several tickets and you'll lose your license cause your young and they arent as leniant on us as they are say 25 or 35 year olds. and you dont have to take the written test. just the drivers test. and last but not least. cut your hair and look decent in your drivers license you dont wanna be regretting what ya look like, like i did. i look like crap in my pic.

Yeah, thats the same thing mom told me... is both hands MUST be on the wheel... I can't stand to drive like that, but I can deal with it till I take my test I guess.

I do come to a complete stop at busy intersections and things like that... but right turn's on red, I have a habit of not *completely* stopping... I almost stop, then go. If you stop you loose your chance to pull out alot of times it seems like. Also bad for rolling through stop signs when there ain't nobody around.

I'm definitely gonna have to try and look better in this picture than my last one... I had my hat on last time, and had to go wet my hair in the bathroom and try to fix it best I could... :rofl:

Time for a road trip. I'll gas the boat up before you get here.

Be sure to get the Scout ready too! smiliepeelout

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Good luck, you're gonna need it buddy :rofl2:

Seriously, just keep your mitts at 10 & 2 and don't forget the blinker like I did and you'll do fine.

Yeah, no kidding about needing all the luck I can get. :rofl:

Yep, thats the thing I need to work on... driving with both hands. But seriously... who does that all the time? :bs:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Smile for your pic, too.

My last license looked so much like a mug shot it almost wasn't funny...and a number of people, over the years, told me it was "scary" or that I looked like a serial killer in it. Kinda funny...but probably not ideal.

EDIT:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Smile for your pic, too.

My last license looked so much like a mug shot it almost wasn't funny...and a number of people, over the years, told me it was "scary" or that I looked like a serial killer in it. Kinda funny...but probably not ideal.

EDIT:

'hah'

That isn't THAT bad I don't think...

EDIT: Here's mine on my permit.

Last edited:
driver's l i c e n s e

g r a m m a r

lolololol

Tips:

1) Be sure you check your mirrors before you drive away....and use them often while driving.

2) Turn off your phone before you get near the car.

3) Turn signals - even though most people never use them, you'll need to if you want to pass.

4) When changing lanes be sure to turn you head before you turn the car.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
lolololol

Tips:

1) Be sure you check your mirrors before you drive away....and use them often while driving.

2) Turn off your phone before you get near the car.

3) Turn signals - even though most people never use them, you'll need to if you want to pass.

4) When changing lanes be sure to turn you head before you turn the car.

Thanks for the suggestions...

I almost always check my mirrors before I start to drive... I hate having to adjust the mirrors in traffic cause you can't see to change lanes. Been there done that...

probably won't even take my phone with me... leave it with my parents.

I do use turn signals, probably more than 90% of the people out there.

And hopefully I won't have to change lanes during the driving test... lol

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Good luck Tyler.

They got me on two minor things.

1.I stopped at a red in the right hand turn lane because there was a car coming,instructor said I stopped for no reason.I didn't argue with him,but I wasn't about to watch the side of my mom's car get knocked off because the instructor wasn't looking.

2.They also got me for not using my turn signals....during a three point turn.I found that one quite hilarious,as nobody I know uses their turn signals when they do a three point turn.

Best of luck to ya and remember,

NO smiliepeelout

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Smile for your pic, too.

i think they do that on purpose... every one of mine has looked like that...

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
If there's cars waiting at the light, I always stop when going right on red. I think you have to in TX and OK, maybe not though. For the same reasoning as Shaun, I like the side of my truck intact.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
think its a general rule in all states but dunno for sure... but i see alot of people that dont... i always stop on red when im turning right... cuz you just never know whos gonna be Mario Andriette when their light changes green... ntm never know when a cops gonna see ya and give ya a ticket for failure to stop...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I always do too,it's pretty easy for a car to sneak up on ya or change lanes,even though it wasn't there the last time you looked.

yup... big reason i have to be careful just trying to leave my neighborhood... too many people have moved over into the lanes i was gonna pull into right when i was gonna pull out..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts