Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did a quick blast on the rear bumper brace/support, going to go have to pick up some files as I want to chamfer/radius corners where I can...nice and therapeutic :D

79_Truck_097.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Duncan..if you can't locate the rear step bumper brackets local.... let me know I have a 78 2wd f350 and a 78 4wd f250 that are parts rigs in NJ

Thank you!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is..and I'm using glass actually...nice satin finish. Some parts are going to have to be done at the powdercoat place as they need to bake off the oil first.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Picked up a bunch more NOS stuff and have more on the way:

2nd set of shop manuals for throne reading :D

79_truck_0026.JPG

Motorsport tach, hoodsprings, hood letters, int wiper switch, e-brake pad, turn indicator arm, bezel/marker for transmission:

79_truck_0044.JPG

Complete set of body/rad support bushings:

79_truck_0056.JPG

Another set of FORD letters (don't ask), heater core, data book, ignition resisitor cable, body ground strap:

79_truck_0076.JPG

Misc. servos and mounting brackets...bought them for the brackets only...if one or more work, great..if not, no biggie:

79_truck_0104.JPG

Coil wiring harness and gas pedal:

79_truck_0116.JPG

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So as a courtesy, will you let us know when you stop bidding on stuff...haha. Looks like a good haul Dman. Can't wait to see these things start going in/on.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ah Yes, I heart throne room reading, whereby you can truly delve into the subject! Do you know where you will be mounting the tach?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So as a courtesy, will you let us know when you stop bidding on stuff...haha. Looks like a good haul Dman. Can't wait to see these things start going in/on.

I'm seriously debating doing another truck as well..will reveal plans later :D

Ah Yes, I heart throne room reading, whereby you can truly delve into the subject! Do you know where you will be mounting the tach?

Having a thought of getting studs welded into the pillar to mount the tach and a couple of other gauges...having another consultation with a different body shop.

There's a guy in Stettler with that 79 Bronco project truck for sale on Kijjiji

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Another set of FORD letters (don't ask).
Did'ja know the following inre to these D5UZ letters?

D9TZ-16606-A (replaced D5UZ-1142528-A / D8TZ-16606-A / EOTZ-16606-A) .. Letter F.

D9TZ-16606-B (replaced D5UZ-11425258-B / D8TZ-16606-B / EOTZ-16606-B) .. Letter O.

D9TZ-16606-C (replaced D5UZ-1142528-C / D8TZ-16606-C / EOTZ-16606-C) .. Letter R.

D9TZ-16606-D (replaced: D5UZ-1142528-D / D8TZ-16606-D / EOTZ-16606-D) .. Letter D.

Fits: 1978/90 F100/350 hood / 1975/90 Econoline hood / 1978/90 Bronco hood // 1975/90 Econoline right (passenger) side back door // 1978/90 Bronco tailgate.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Interesting info Bill...it would seems the two sets I have are the D8TZ and the D5UZ.
On another note, another bodyshop guy was just here and he spent a solid 2 hours going over the truck...got his quote and although it is quite a bit more than the other guys' I will be using him...projected date that he can get to it will be July/August...so in the meantime my goal will be to get the chassis/drivetrain done.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Duncan...are you planning on getting things like stickers and grease marks put in the right place too?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yay on the stickers, nay on the grease :D The guy that was here yesterday asked me the same thing and told me that he knows of a place that will reproduce the exact same sticker that they get shown...so chances are that I will get the door sticker from Marti and any others done by this ther guy.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Went to load the frame up yesterday....damn thing wouldn't fit!, the spring perches were too wide so I have a trailer coming Monday morning and the frame is going in for a check.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Loaded up the frame and took it to the bodyshop, carpenter buddy made a couple of brackets to slot it into. Bodyshop guy is going to TIG the rivet holes back so I can drill them out, I was going to MIG them but then the harder steel would have been a beotch to drill out without the bit wandering. The same guy is also going to do the diffs and epoxy coat the shafts and inside the axle tubes.

Ready to load:

79_truck_00111.JPG

Jigs which we screwed to the floor:

79_truck_0027.JPG

Secured in place:

79_truck_0045.JPG

Wouldn't fit flat, that is why we stood it:

79_Truckk.jpg

Obligatory Ford shot :D

79_truck_0066.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.