Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

craigslist postings

Psst.... Skan.... don't read too much into mid-west prices. These guys wouldn't even know what a rust-free 10-15 yr old truck looked like. Left Coast prices are much higher- and with good reason.

I resent that! :rolling laugh:

It is rare to see an AR truck that is rusted out. If you see one around here...you can almost bet it came from up north when somone retired down here.

The only rust on my old 89 ranger was where somone hit the fender (ford body shop-never bothered to coat the back side in the repair :rotz:) . My old 88 F-150 (dads now) has no rust.

As far as prices...no clue. I don't ever intend to buy another truck.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I haven't decided if AR is still considered "mid-west." I was thinking a little further north... or East. We have to watch for those cars out here- quite a few find their way to auction on the Left-Coast, where inspecting for rust is something we rarely even think of doing. Amazing how much damage can happen in only one or two years- generally not where it's readily visible.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I didn't expect for it to hold what I paid for it... But it would be nice if I could get damn near HALF of that, being only 2 years and 15k miles later :headbang:

Paid $8k for my truck 2 years ago, with 92k miles and a camper shell on it.
Yeah! It lost all monetary value the minute you signed the tittle. Nobody wants a skank truck.:wasntme:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
i would pay 2k for that thing!

Many options there, make a kick ass tailgating party rig, with built in smoker....

Take the motor and 5 speed, along with the rear axles out of it, chop it up for scrap...

Blah
Blah
Blah....
I want a 429

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
In Maine (probably other rural areas, too, but I haven't seen it so much) people use old buses as storage sheds a lot. Parts shed that'll move if you chain it to a big enough tractor seems like a pretty good idea to me...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts