Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I took a screen shot of the best part of the video, the Fords coming to rescue the people driving the Government Motor fire-starter.

FordsrescuingburningChevypacecar_zps4ef11e18.png

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I wonder what kind of spin Govt Motors will put on this?

What a farce of a company....this is awesome advertising for the crap they produce and the $$$$$$$$ rhetoric they spew.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Professional grade.....vermin.

GM’s Supplier-Squeezing Days Gave Birth to Flawed Models

The cars at the center of General Motors Co. (GM)’s February recall were still on the drawing board when a top engineer gathered more than a dozen managers and delivered a fateful message: Build them for less.

Those same Cobalts and Ions are among 1.6 million vehicles that GM recalled last month over an ignition-switch flaw the company says is behind 12 deaths. U.S. investigators and regulators want to know what went wrong, who knew about it and why the nation’s largest automaker took so long to mount a recall of models made a decade ago.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Those fatal ignition switches wouldnt have came from Ortech in Kirksvilke Mo would they? We all knew they were a bad design but not sure if it was the parts i used to build....link wont load on my phone, Austins great state of Ga dont like me usin innernet......

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Ha ha! It loaded and yep my old plant got a mention! The spring isnt the only problem....turn the key to the on possition and pull out on the key, the whole tumbler will come out of the assembly....and with that out you can steal the boat anchors very easily.....cant believe it took this long to recall that crap

From the article......

While automakers press suppliers to make sure that parts are developed and tested for safety, they must also struggle to make a profit, said Brian Bolton, who formerly worked as a design manager in Kirksville, Missouri, for Ortech, which was then a GM supplier.

“They operate close to break-even so they have to push suppliers,” said Bolton, who is now retired. “Suppliers and people in the industry would joke that GM makes design decisions based on three things: One was cost, two was cost and three was cost.”

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I wonder what spin they will put on this?....oh, oh I know...they will bring up other manufacturers problems in a feeble attempt to change the subject.

They suck...and I wish them nothing but contempt and lawsuits and hope the whole festering company rots in Hell.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They issued a STOP (with no details as to why) for dealers selling Cruze's today...

I'm shocked....and even sadder is that the P'sOS will try to hide behind the bankruptcy as a shield to avoid any kind of payout...it will be a truly happy day when they go tits up once and for all.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
They issued a STOP (with no details as to why) for dealers selling Cruze's today...

Yeah!!!!!!!!, now if we could just get them to stop selling all the other models!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I'm shocked....and even sadder is that the P'sOS will try to hide behind the bankruptcy as a shield to avoid any kind of payout...it will be a truly happy day when they go tits up once and for all.

You and me both, except this time, the Union will lose, makes me even happier!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts