Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Why doesn't this company just go away? :headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Why doesn't this company just go away? :headbang:

I wish....but now that they are Government owned, it will never happen....money will keep pouring into it one way or another.

It just marvels me that people keep buying their products after they screwed the taxpayers.

It is my mission in life to ensure that none of my money knowingly goes into any of the companies that they are affiliated with.

They are scum....vermin...I wish they would dry up like a fallen leaf, turn to dust and evaporate from the face of the Earth.

Obama Admin to Buy from GM's Struggling Chevy Volt Line

The Obama administration is helping General Motors again by buying up its struggling line of electric cars.

The Department of Defense has begun purchasing Chevrolet Volts to "green up" the military. The DOD plans to buy a total 1,500 vehicles. At the Volt's baseline price of $39,995, that's almost $60 million from taxpayers to the company touted heavily during the Democratic National Convention.

GM loses up to $49,000 on every Volt it builds; it has sold only 13,500 Volts this year, 33.75% of its 40,000 goal....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are you sh***ing me?...will this never end??????

The Great Green Car Fleet

The Pentagon is buying Chevrolet Volts to help “green up” the military—while propping up sales of the bailed-out automaker’s most politicized car.

The Department of Defense began purchasing the struggling luxury electric car, which retails at $40,000, this summer as part of its goal to purchase 1,500 such green vehicles. The Marine Corps Air Station in Miramar, Calif. purchased its first two Volts in July, and 18 more vehicles will come shortly to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, where Air Force One is based, according to military magazine Stars and Stripes.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Apparantly it won't ever stop :headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Pretty unbelievable....it will take an act of God or terrorism (not 100% sure on this one, but God for sure) to close that company....I should've gotten a job there.....talk about JOB SECURITY! LET ME JOIN A FREAKIN GM UNION AND I'M SET FOR LIFE! AND MY KIDS WILL BE SET FOR LIFE!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Join the military, run for congress or work at GM.

GM offers big discounts to boost Volt sales
So it seemed like a good thing in August when sales of the $40,000 car set a monthly record of 2,800. But a closer look shows that things aren't what they seem for the cutting-edge car.

Sales rose mostly because of discounts of almost $10,000, or 25 percent of the Volt's sticker price, according to figures from TrueCar.com, an auto pricing website. Other pricing services gave similar numbers, and dealers confirmed that steeply discounted Volts are selling better than a few months ago.

GM's discounts on the Volt are more than four times the industry's per-vehicle average, according to TrueCar estimates. Edmunds.com and J.D. Power and Associates say they're about three times the average. Discounts include low-interest financing, cash discounts to buyers, sales bonuses to dealers, and subsidized leases.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Firstly Ryan...I will get you for that.....smilietease

The only thing green about GM is the color of the bills the scum sucking vermins took outta my wallet :D

Sorry to make it worse for Duncan smilietease but they already do Ryan.

GM might find playing in the Chinese sandbox a whole different game than at home though.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/22/us-china-gm-idUSBRE8AL09L20121122

(Reuters) - General Motors Co (GM.N) rolled out its first China-developed electric car at the Guangzhou autoshow on Thursday as it ramps up its green car push in the world's largest auto market.

The Sail Springo EV, with a starting price tag of 258,000 yuan ($41,400), will be initially available only at GM's dealer outlets in Shanghai, the U.S. automaker said in a statement.

The car, developed and built by GM and its partner SAIC Motor Corp Ltd (600104.SS), has a range of 130-200 kilometres and a top speed of 130 kilometres per hour.

Encouraged by Beijing's initiative to put 5 million electric and plug-in hybrids on the road by 2020, many domestic and foreign automakers are gearing up to tap the potential of green cars. SAIC launched its Roewe E50 electric car with a price tag of 234,900 yuan around two weeks ago.

Warren Buffett-back BYD Co Ltd (1211.HK) (002594.SZ) had also rolled out a financing package recently that allows fleet operators to buy its pricy electric car e6 in instalments.

Earlier in the year, GM launched its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid in China.

($1 = 6.2302 Chinese yuan)

(Reporting by Fang Yan in BEIJING and Kazunori Takada in SHANGHAI; Editing by Jacqueline Wong and Ryan Woo)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts