Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle

blacksnapon

Staff member
just thought I'd add this

focus_electric.jpg

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ryan I tend to call them "Optomistic Idiots". The stock market is a zero sum game, meaning for every winner there is a loser. I didn't buy any GM stock, therefore I am not a loser. smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Bunch of idiots is what those shareholders are...that company will just keep on doing what they have already done....****ing the taxpayers right in the keyster.
The day that company is left to fail and dry up and blow away like a tumbleweed will be a happy day indeed....yeah, jobs will be lost and there will be hardships in the short term, but at the end of the day it will be for the better.
Have I mentioned lately my feelings for GM? :D

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I agree Duncan, what boggles my mind is this. If Toyota passed them, why not prop up Toyota to "absorb" the short term job loss? Just goes to show you how stupid some people are.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
While I would agree with this statement, I sure as hell wouldn't single out GM. I think some entire industries and financial sectors could fit into that classification.

Green energy?

GM Recalls Nearly 500,000 Chevy Cruzes for...Engine Fires
Concerns that Chevrolet Cruzes could catch fire have caused General Motors (GM) to recall more than 475,000 of the popular compact sedans, the automaker said Friday...

All (Cruze) cars manufactured from September 2010 to May of this year are subject to the recall.

Already getting Chevy Volt flashbacks? Of course you are.

In January, GM “called back” every single Volt ever sold in the U.S., to fix the (fire problem on the) allegedly already “fixed” battery….

It’s important for a company to create a branding identity--something all its products possess as an underlying, unifying theme.

GM has successfully identified and implemented theirs: combustibility.(emphasis added)

And this is not the first Cruze recall.

First, 2,100 Cruzes were recalled when steering wheels started spontaneously falling off.

But that was just the tip of the Titanic.

Government Motors is now forced to recall ALL 154,112 2011 Cruzes - for multiple problems. There was, again, the steering. And an automatic transmission with a phantom Park – it looks like it’s out of gear, but (Surprise!) it’s not.

Not a very “fuel-efficient vehicle” if you can't disengage the transmission.

You’ll notice GM readily refers to the Cruze moves as “recalls.” But on the Volt, they’re called “call backs.” Why?

Government Motors: As GM shares near record low, taxpayer loss on bailout rises to $35 billion

To quote Lando Calrissian, this deal's getting worse all the time.

General Motors(GM) shares fell to a fresh 2012 closing low of 19.57 on Monday. The stock hit 19 in mid-December, the lowest since the auto giant came public at $33 in November 2010 following its June 2009 bankruptcy.

Normally you might say, tough luck investors. But this is Government Motors. The Treasury still owns 26.5% of GM, or 500 million shares. Taxpayers are still out $26.4 billion in direct aid. Shares would have to hit $53 for the government to break even.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What happens when you subsidize a company that has to compete with private companies?

It fails even more since it never had to endure the pain required to stay competitive. It's a vicious cycle.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have said it before and and will say it again..
-It will never stop now that they have had a taste of "free" money
-We will keep getting it in the rear from them
-They should be left to got belly up and blow away like puff of smoke.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm starting to think I should just take the apatathic stance like most others.
GM is going to keep sh*tting on us until the end of time :headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Can you somehow jail some of them...wait..not jail...chain gang paying $1 per hour until they croak.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
True enough..but it would be fun to watch either one of those union auto workers or an "executive" actually do a real days' work :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And....one other thing...you must put me in charge of said chain gang :D

GM stock falls to new low on Europe woes

Washington - General Motors Co. stock fell 1.2 percent Wednesday, closing at $18.80, down $0.22, on worries about Europe — the first time the Detroit automaker's stock has closed below $19 a share since its initial public offering.

The Detroit automaker has seen its share price tumble by more than 52 percent since it reached a high closing price in January 2011 of $38.90, just after going public in November 2010. The company has shed more than $30 billion in market capitalization over the last 18 months, and now is worth about $29 billion.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts