Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Big Bronco Discussion

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You not able to find glass?

Just happened yesterday...but not too common to see the 78/9 Broncos around here...and if yuo do, the owners hard stuff up. So I'm having a difficult time coming up with some used glass. I can buy new stuff to the tune of $200 to my door, but I'd rather see if I can salvage something.

The Bronco is back at my house, my mom needs to take the Suburban to the dealer (The electric locks don't work).so she needed a car to drive.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
people like knocking out Bronco windows for some reason i've had my windows bashed out allot..
talk about a pretty penny....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The Bronco is back at my house, my mom needs to take the Suburban to the dealer (The electric locks don't work).so she needed a car to drive.

Really...she couldn't drive a vehicle because the electronic locks weren't working?

people like knocking out Bronco windows for some reason i've had my windows bashed out allot..
talk about a pretty penny....

Probably because they are so big and easily smashable

The new quareter are shiny though... :D

Give it to me so I can be really cool and have a US State quarter collection.

I dont wanna know what you do with your penny's tex...

Strippers in his areas are so ugly they don't get dollars, they get pennies

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Strippers in his areas are so ugly they don't get dollars, they get pennies

I lollered at this, because it is plain and simply pure truth...
The strippers here were nasty lookin, austin had some lookers though...

They got a new gentlemans club intown haven't been, dont care to.

But you hit the nail on the head with that statement ben.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I lollered at this, because it is plain and simply pure truth...
The strippers here were nasty lookin, austin had some lookers though...

They got a new gentlemans club intown haven't been, dont care to.

But you hit the nail on the head with that statement ben.

Now I know why Mike fantasizes about liyotes...either to get his mind off the women in Lubbock or because that's what all the women in Lubbock look like...haha.

No, we just need to get it fixed and have a car to drive at the same time.

Gotcha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Woot Woot...a guy on a local board is parting out a 79 Bronco. He says if I swing by this Saturday I'll have first pick of everything. He also says I can have anything and everything I want for $100. I'm gonna grab all the knobs, switches and trim I can. The rear seat is also in pristine condition. I think I'm also gonna grab the entire tailgate and probably the doors, which are in great shape, but primered. I'd grab the top as well, but have no way to really transport it home. The Bronco was a trail rig two owners ago. And he took anything and everything of any value and stored it. Then he sold it as a trail rig with all the interior, tailgate and doors being mint and stored for 15 years. Now the current owner just wants the rolling chassis for a different project. Anyway, I'm super stoked because stuff like this never happens to me, so I'm kinda waiting for the other foot to fall and have him back out. Regardless, it's a two hour ride each way, but if I gotta put up $40 for gas and $100 for parts, it's more than worth it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sterling 10.25

My plan was to put 10.25/10.5 in the rear of the Bronco some time in the future. Well, I came across a good (from the pics) 10.25 with 4.10's out of a 96 350 for $100. I think I'm gonna pick this thing up...seems too cheap to pass up...or maybe too cheap to be any good. Any of you that have done this swap...essentially a bolt in I'd imagine? Any thing you'd change? Was there a big difference in WMS-WMS?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
so...my very first Bronco came back to town. It was bitter sweet. It was awesome seeing it again, but it looked beat hard...and it was in a driveway full of Chevies. It was a white/red/white XLT with a 351W to a C6. The paint was a little dull, had a little rust and a few dings...but it was a good rig. I sold it (for something more respectable...and 87 Bronco) to a buddy who had it for a few months then sold it. I hadn't seen the 83 in almost 5.5 years until I was driving to bailee's house and I saw a moving truck and a glimpse of a Bronco...I was like 'I recognize that rig, it almost looks like the one I had...it is the one I had.' So being me, pull up, she still has some of the stickers on it from before I had it. I got to talking to the guy, he let me check the VIN...sure enough, it was mine. So I look it over, rust is about the same, interior is trashed and there is alot more body damage. The guy told me he used it as a trail truck until it crapped out, because it was an unreliable Ford as he told the story. Apparently it blows oil all over the engine bay, the radiator leaks like a sieve, it blows white smoke and the engine knocks. Well I wonder why. So it looks like it will be used as a storage unit in the driveway, but it was good to see it again...but sad to see it in that shape.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
so...my very first Bronco came back to town. It was bitter sweet. It was awesome seeing it again, but it looked beat hard...and it was in a driveway full of Chevies. It was a white/red/white XLT with a 351W to a C6. The paint was a little dull, had a little rust and a few dings...but it was a good rig. I sold it (for something more respectable...and 87 Bronco) to a buddy who had it for a few months then sold it. I hadn't seen the 83 in almost 5.5 years until I was driving to bailee's house and I saw a moving truck and a glimpse of a Bronco...I was like 'I recognize that rig, it almost looks like the one I had...it is the one I had.' So being me, pull up, she still has some of the stickers on it from before I had it. I got to talking to the guy, he let me check the VIN...sure enough, it was mine. So I look it over, rust is about the same, interior is trashed and there is alot more body damage. The guy told me he used it as a trail truck until it crapped out, because it was an unreliable Ford as he told the story. Apparently it blows oil all over the engine bay, the radiator leaks like a sieve, it blows white smoke and the engine knocks. Well I wonder why. So it looks like it will be used as a storage unit in the driveway, but it was good to see it again...but sad to see it in that shape.
i HATE people that buy a truck cheap, beat the chit out of it, dont maintain it or anything, and then blame the brand it is, whether chebby or ford, for it being crap. people are retarded anymore. you cant litterally abuse a vehicle and expect it to last.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...it sounds like it was running fine up through hunting season and then it finally had enough. It was a good rig, I would have rather seen it go the other direction and get freshened up, cuz when I sold it to my buddy, it was by no means a beater...and I don't think it was when he sold it either.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I miss Driving my Bronco...and summit says the cam is back ordered 2 weeks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
what cam do you intend on getting

The DEH255 cam kit. Tim (from TMI) said it was the max I could get that would be plug and play...after that I was going to need some machining and the parts get a little more expensive. I still need to figure out if I single or multi-groove valves though, cuz whatever comes in the kit may need to get replaced with what Tim has.

Ford Truck Articles