Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bertha is sleeping around...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Do you have to pay extra at inspection time for the tint?

When I had my 87 Bronco, and the topper had a factory amber tint, I was refused by several inspection places saying they weren't qualified to do tint. Keep in mind, this tint was almost like having yellow shooting glasses on. When I finally found a place, it was an extra $30. But this was out Haywood county...west of Asheville.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
When I had my 87 Bronco, and the topper had a factory amber tint, I was refused by several inspection places saying they weren't qualified to do tint. Keep in mind, this tint was almost like having yellow shooting glasses on. When I finally found a place, it was an extra $30. But this was out Haywood county...west of Asheville.

Ben you are right a lot of places won't do inspections with tint. I knew one guy who takes his tint off every year when he is due for inspection so he doesn't have to pay the extra. And Inspectors around here have to be careful since they don't know when DMV Enforcement will show up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well we don't pay extra for tint but we sure as hell pay more than $10 for inspection! Round here it costs upwards of $50-75 depending on where you go.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well we don't pay extra for tint but we sure as hell pay more than $10 for inspection! Round here it costs upwards of $50-75 depending on where you go.

That is newly implemented about a year and a half ago. Used to be $35+ for anything 25 years old or newer (one tons exempt). Now they're doing a flat rate inspection cost for some damn reason.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Diesels are not inspected in California. Though I believe they are trying to pass new laws for that soon.

I kinda figured they would. I seen a new Med Duty Box Truck at a store making a Delivery that booger had a Cat on it bigger than the back of my bucket seat. I was surprised to see it was a Diesel

Hahahah. I gotta keep it looking nice for the next guy. Same logic behind the reason why I payed extra for the "Color Stay" film, which prevents fading over the years. Won't make a difference for me but I don't wanna screw the guy that I sell it to...

Truth be told-- when I told Laine (the tint guy) that I was gonna buy the color stay so the truck would look nice for the next guy, he told me he would comp the price. Karma's a good thing, eh?

I take offense at a couple of the lines above......like the "next guy" is nameless!!! :slap:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Its around $20 for inspection here . Thats Sticker is cheap plus labor of pulling tires brakes .

everything gets inspected (even atvs ) And we pay year license cost depends on gvw .

As for tint behind driver they dont say much but anything beyond a light tint draws attention.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Oh great!!!! First "Bertha" is sleeping around.........for "the next guy", and now she's possibly gonna be on a hook.....to where, some impound yard??? If you can't take care of her......
If you want to front the raptor money for a while you can have Bertha right now :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts