Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bertha is sleeping around...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tonight she's staying the night with another man...

The window tint guy :D Yup! She's gettin a re-tint. The old stuff was getting real old and had turned purple and started to bubble (a recent development). Removing the old and putting on the new was an all day job so he locked my truck up in his shop overnight to let the film dry. Normally I'd be uncomfortable but I've been doing work with this guy and referring people to him for a couple years now and he's AMAZING. Fair prices, great work, and a super honest guy.

Light smoke in the front, limo in the rear :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahahah. I gotta keep it looking nice for the next guy. Same logic behind the reason why I payed extra for the "Color Stay" film, which prevents fading over the years. Won't make a difference for me but I don't wanna screw the guy that I sell it to...

Truth be told-- when I told Laine (the tint guy) that I was gonna buy the color stay so the truck would look nice for the next guy, he told me he would comp the price. Karma's a good thing, eh?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Pic whoring time... Don't mind the dirt, she's overdue for a bath. To reiterate-- limo tint in the rear (the darkest he had) and light smoke in the front.

7453ca6e.jpg
560093ef.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks good Chris. Thunder is about due for new tint as well. And I'm with you, can't stand the strip on the windshield, hell, I don't even like having the blue on the top of my windshields.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Looks good Chris. Thunder is about due for new tint as well. And I'm with you, can't stand the strip on the windshield, hell, I don't even like having the blue on the top of my windshields.

Easy solution to the Stripe. Put Pink ones on. smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No there not. Be glad you/re not in NC your truck would Fail.

Cliff...Thunder has 35% front windows and 5% on the others...and never failed or given trouble by the cops. I believe 35% is as low as you can go up front in NC and you can have limo tint on all other windows.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I have a friend that does inspections and he told me 35% was the limit. But I'm not willing to pay extra for a inspection with tint.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In California the rear ones can be as dark as you want, but the fronts have to allow 70% of light through. Unfortunately I think light smoke is 35%, but it's been on the truck many years (since before I bought it) and I've never been pulled over. I don't the PO did either.

Cops don't like the dark windows in front because they can't see you to check for (a) seatbelts and (b) to make sure you don't have a gun or something dangerous. It's a sensitive issue around here because a cop was killed in Woodland when he was shot through a dark tinted window and couldn't see the gun. But I get the feeling that the cops assume the guy driving a big lifted Ford is probably a middle class white guy :p

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
In California the rear ones can be as dark as you want, but the fronts have to allow 70% of light through. Unfortunately I think light smoke is 35%, but it's been on the truck many years (since before I bought it) and I've never been pulled over. I don't the PO did either.

Do you have to pay extra at inspection time for the tint?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts