Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 89 Bronco

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I would suspect battery...it should read higher than 12V just sitting there, I assume it has been sitting for some time?
Have you checked your battery cables and connections?

Double checked with multimeter... 12.48 volts. Been sitting for a couple of months now! Checked ground connection, good. Terminals are good.

I might take the battery to work tomorrow and set it on the charger. Couldn't get it to jump off of my Mark.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Double checked with multimeter... 12.48 volts. Been sitting for a couple of months now! Checked ground connection, good. Terminals are good.

I might take the battery to work tomorrow and set it on the charger. Couldn't get it to jump off of my Mark.

did you not unhook the battery while the bronco sat???

since you didnt, you automatically lose ownership to me.. i will be down their to recieve the truck in a week or so..

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

since you didnt, you automatically lose ownership to me.. i will be down their to recieve the truck in a week or so..

I've been trying to drive it for a while, but with the cold... and rain... and me not in the mood to break out the step ladder to climb in, I just haven't driven it!

Good luck getting it out with the F-SD behind it! smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
12.5 is close to full charge (open circuit). A $25 Battery Tender Junior would be a good, cheap investment for you....they come with alligator clamps and are portable.
Try turning on the headlights and then taking a battery reading.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

That will not help a whole lot (parasitic loads will make it worse)...batteries self discharge and ideally should be left connected to a self regulating trickle charger.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
ahh.. ill just take both.....

:rofl: you crack me up with all of your jokes... smilietease

12.5 is close to full charge (open circuit). A $25 Battery Tender Junior would be a good, cheap investment for you....they come with alligator clamps and are portable.
Try turning on the headlights and then taking a battery reading.

I might have to look into getting one... It's just too much of a chore to drive all 3 rides every week! :rofl:

I'll be back at the Bronco Tuesday.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Best $20-$25 you will spend...I have 5 of them hooked up vehicles.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You are far enough South that it work pretty good.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah, there's plenty of sunlight... especially how the truck sits.

Well....figure out what the cords would cost compared the the charger. The 120V one is the ideal way to go.
You could get away with 18 gauge extension cords for that tiny load.
I'm guessing that in the States, you can pick up a 100' cord for $10.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Tender Junior is $25..and your link wont give me a price..I only know one Zipcode...and that one won't work

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Went to jump off of the starter solenoid today after installing a freshly charged battery. Got one click.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Connections, cables, solenoid or starter.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts