Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 1995 F-150

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Okay, haven't done much in the way of detailing other than buffing out the headlights and wiping down the interior - I've been to busy driving the heck out of it!

According to the sticker in the door jamb this truck has a Hypertech tune. Let's not forget the spacer and who knows what else. This is the first older truck I've had that will realllllllly spin the tires. (BTW, got a quote for some Goodyears the other day; gonna be an early Christmas present to myself, so I'll chew through the ones that are on it over the next few weeks! smiliepeelout)

A look at the rear suspension setup for anybody interested.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Video eh? I'm sure one could surface on the internet filmed on a closed road in Mexico...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
lights look good. how is the ride with the air bags?

Thanks Scott! Ride's great with no load and pressure all the way down. I'm going to have a big scrap metal load next week and I'll try pumping them up. I'll report back on that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just be aware of the possible issues with air bags :)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Just be aware of the possible issues with air bags :)

I almost cried when I first saw them after having the Mark... Looks like I'd be in good shape, though, if one or both failed with the rear leafs still in place.

Why Goodyear? Never had any luck with them personally... Wear too quickly.

Wranglers. It was those or BFGs which wear horribly. It's been said that I can expect about 20-25k miles out of the Wranglers.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
On the short list before the year ends I'll have a few small projects to do.

- Tires
- Front rotors
- Install dual steering stabilizers
- Replace headlights with aftermarket

I'd like to get the paint wrapped up this week as well as tinting the tails... I'm also pondering installing some 6" Hella's I have behind the grille.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I almost cried when I first saw them after having the Mark... Looks like I'd be in good shape, though, if one or both failed with the rear leafs still in place.

They can cause the frame to crack above the bags.....the frames were not meant to take weight there...they take the weight on the spring mounts...triangulation....just keep it in mind if you start putting lots of weight in or towing.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I have BFGs on my truck and fully expect 50,000 miles out of them...

Just rotate every 5k

And which Wrangler?

Wow, I've never had that luck with the BFG tires I've run in the past. I'm looking at the DuraTrac.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
They can cause the frame to crack above the bags.....the frames were not meant to take weight there...they take the weight on the spring mounts...triangulation....just keep it in mind if you start putting lots of weight in or towing.

Didn't think about that, thanks for the pointer. This truck (like the ones past) shouldn't see much weight from me in the future, maybe a big load every few months.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I was pondering the General Grabbers (red letter, of course), but after seeing the tread blocks on the Wranglers I began to really like them.

My tire guy says it's the only GY tire he likes.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Wanna race? smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts