Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 1990 F-Superduty Build Thread

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I never saw that post. I had thought it since I saw the first pic. You can barely make out the wheel well line in the first pic

I actually didn't notice until I got it home. Never did stand back and look at the truck to notice. I like it, though. :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I actually didn't notice until I got it home. Never did stand back and look at the truck to notice. I like it, though. :D

Hey Austin did you know you have the wrong bed on it? It's appears to be from 80-86. Just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know :rolling laugh:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hey Austin did you know you have the wrong bed on it? It's appears to be from 80-86. Just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know :rolling laugh:

Really? Dang, didn't notice it. :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What axle is in the back of it? I've always wanted to get one and convert it to a SRW 4x4.

As Dan pointed out...should be a 10.25, a dime a dozen, should be relatively easy to find...and they already come as a SRW. Personally, I'd rather have a D70.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Should be a Dana 70 or 80.....Oooooo does it have disc rear brakes? Me likey.....I knew I shoulda read this thread. You do know that factory turbo IDI's only had 5 more HP and like 40 more LB/FT of torque right? I love my IDI...other than the lazy IP.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Here are some pics of what I'm calling the beginning of "Project Rattlecan". :D

I decided that I'm going to primer the thing myself before getting it painted. Something I'd like to have under my belt. I might just paint the thing if I feel good enough about it.

Most of the work has been done by the PO, so don't rag me on it! Although I did have one run spot on the bed that I'll have to clean up. I'm also throwing some interior shots in for ya'll.

PB102485.jpg

PB102486.jpg

PB102491.jpg

PB102492.jpg

PB102493.jpg

PB102495.jpg

PB102496.jpg

And the obligatory Ford logo smilieFordlogo

PB102487.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Just paint it flat black and call it a day. You'll feel better about scratching it up versus a professional paint job.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Austin are you still going to repaint it White?

I'd LOVE to paint it firetruck red, but I don't want to pull the fenders and interior out. Then I'd have to deal with the firewall.

But the plan is to keep it white.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Just paint it flat black and call it a day. You'll feel better about scratching it up versus a professional paint job.

I'm going with a Maaco job so I can justify it. :D

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm going with a Maaco job so I can justify it. :D

Hey the better you can prep the body it will come out great a friend did that to his car he worked the body until it was smooth and took it over to maaco to spray it . It looks Great

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hey the better you can prep the body it will come out great a friend did that to his car he worked the body until it was smooth and took it over to maaco to spray it . It looks Great

The prep is something I hear that Maaco doesn't do well. I plan on getting everything just the way I want it, then rolling up to their shop. And I can't get a better price!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That is what I'm going to do.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I may have to bump the date for paint to December sometime because of finances, but I do want it done before year's end.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I may have to bump the date for paint to December sometime because of finances, but I do want it done before year's end.

If you can swing it get them to spray 2-3 extra coats of clear so you can wet sand after it cures fr a couple of months

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If you can swing it get them to spray 2-3 extra coats of clear so you can wet sand after it cures fr a couple of months

I might try that. I do have to get them to pull the bed to paint behind the cab and the front of the bed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts