Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another new 72...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Cutting the fenders, or lifting it a bit then? I don't think the 37's will quite fit... You're right about lifting it too high though. On top of that, I like the tires to 'fill up' the wheel well.

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It seems to me that I am robbing parts from my 95 F150 to put on my F100. First the seats, now the tires. Does anybody know if TTB knuckles will fit on a solid axle?

S1052275.jpg

S1052273.jpg

S1052271.jpg

Poor guy. :(

S1052270.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Thanks Tony. I am just looking for a disc brake setup. That is the next project, because now the truck goes, it just doesn't stop... :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Cutting the fenders, or lifting it a bit then? I don't think the 37's will quite fit... You're right about lifting it too high though. On top of that, I like the tires to 'fill up' the wheel well.

Ryan
Thats all down the road, and I will cross it when i get there. I have mechanical issues to take care of first. Brakes being number one, now.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Yes, I have recovered... I think... :D

I am not completely sure. When I picked it up ($100) I was either gonna take the front axle out for another project, or just use this truck as a beater trail rig.

Since then, I have kinda grown attached to it, and I plan to eventually repaint it, and redo the interior. Not a big buck full resto, but get it looking nice. It will be lifted 4" or so and run somewhere in the area of 35-37" tires.

I am going to shorten the wheelbase to shortbed length and go with a one piece driveshaft. I had plans of making a flat bed for it (still do) but am debating between the flatbed and a stepside bed.

A flatbed like this:
aaaa.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was thinking about it, i will wait till it has its final motor in it though. Not sure if I will stay with the holy hell what the heck is going on with that truck, sweet mother of mercy, kill it with fire!!!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Gonna post some engine questions in the FE thread, so I am shamelessly plugging it here. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Thanks! Its got a long way to go, just give it a while and we will see how it turns out. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Yeah, it runs, but has a good amount of blow by, so it will get rebuilt.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
negatron.

gonna do new rings in the 360 and freshen it up.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
No sense of giving away secrets... :D

Ford Truck Articles