Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another new 72...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I used all of the brackets off of my 95, and just bent the brackets flat to match up with the bolts on the sliding rail portion of the 72s mounting bracket. It sits a few inches higher, but its not all bad, gives you better visibility.

S1052176.jpg

I also found a better idea for a flatbed. I am going to take some design ideas from this:
aaaa.jpg

aaa.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Well, I got it to where I could take it for a spin around the farm today. Just running off of the battery, and its running rich, and the brakes are lacking, but it was driveable. :) Kinda fun, first time I ever drove it, or had it running good enough to actually drive it lol

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Hey Tony!

It's a good feeling finally getting it going, its been sitting for a long time before I got, and things are surprising me at how well it held together and is getting going again. The last time it was licensed was in 93. Chris was probably still in diapers back then. ;) (love you chris)

I had planned on this being a beater and not putting a whole lot of monies into it, but I am kinda getting attached to it. Maybe this will be my vehicle for practicing my painting skills. I was throwing around ideas of a silver cab with a silver and black flat bed like above.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
ain't it weird how these things happen? :)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the bumpsides.

yes, I do have a heart. :p

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I don't believe it. There is no way you can, after all the times you have broken mine... :(

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Well, I ordered some parts from Summit for my tune up. Decided to go with the Accel Points Eliminator kit, new coil (accel) plug wires, plugs, and dist cover.

Should put my ignition in pretty good shape, maybe fix my rough running woes. Who knows when the last time this thing was tuned.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
So, today is the first time I have worked on it in a long while, what with my knee being rubbish and all.

I updated (downdated?) my grill today. When the truck gets painted, eventually, the grill will be the same color as the body, silver. (as of now, anyway) Also, I took the bumper off as it was in pretty rough shape.

Sorry about the shoddy pic, it was on my old old camera phone, as my real camera is with the woman.

img006.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Its a steel grill from a 67. I chose steel over the aluminum as I thought it would stand up better and take paint better.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Thanks Tony, I do too.

The cab has minor dents all around, but easily fixable. There are other pictures earlier on in the thread that probably show some of them, but rust is not an issue. The only thing that was rusted on this truck was the front few feet of the bed floor, as the owner had some junk sitting there while it was parked in the trees. and a couple spots on the floor boards.

If I can find one, I am gonna put a step side short box on it.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
probably 37" hmmwv tires, as they are cheap and durable. I have 4.56 gears and a detroit for it, if no one buys them. I still need a new tranny and a np205, as it has the single speed case, which will fork for now, so I won't tear it out till later.

I am not gonna lift it tall, I prefer a lower center of gravity.

Ford Truck Articles