Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 bronco

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Took it out for my first solo trip today, Drove it to church. smiliepeelout

Here's some *decent* pictures, since all the other ones ya'll have seen of it are from my cell phone... these are actually from the camera.

Picture002Medium.jpg

Picture008Medium.jpg

Picture011Medium.jpg

Picture012Medium.jpg

Picture013Medium.jpg

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
How much for the Rims???

How much you willing to pay? Make an offer... I'd have to find wheels to put back on it though.

wooo!!!!!!!!! alright tyler first tip.... get rid of that ghey lil bug deflector on the hood.

That bug deflector has been on there since it was almost new... probably put on there around '79

and I kinda like it, to be honest.

Looking good.
I find it amazing how clean and rust free older trucks are down south a 78 up here is a tub of rust.
I agree lose the bug shield.

Yep, only rust I'v found is bottom of the door, bottom of the tailgate, and a little bit of surface rust on body.

Dad said he always kept the inner fender wheels sprayed out when he got the chance, so that probably saved the fenders.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yes I agree.
Like mine.

Looks good. I may have to look for one of those... are they pretty sturdy? I don't want something I have to worry about bending.

I love how Broncos always look like the rear window is open.

Yep. In the first pic it actually is open...well it didn't have one in it yet. smilieeatndrink

You stool that thing! Now I want 33s too.

Will 33's fit on yours? without rubbing?

Great pics Tyler! YelloThumbUp

Thanks.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looks good. I may have to look for one of those... are they pretty sturdy? I don't want something I have to worry about bending.

As long as you don't drive into anything, you shouldn't have to worry about it bending. :p

Seriously, though- congrats. I still remember the first time I drove my '97 by myself...hell, driving that wore-out ol' truck still managed to put a big grin on my face today.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
As long as you don't drive into anything, you shouldn't have to worry about it bending. :p

Seriously, though- congrats. I still remember the first time I drove my '97 by myself...hell, driving that wore-out ol' truck still managed to put a big grin on my face today.

I don't make a habit of driving into anything, but ya never know. and I don't want to have to worry about it. smilieeatndrink

and I was grinning ear to ear the first time I drove the Lumina, Monte Carlo, and the Bronco by myself... Bronco is probably the most fun to drive though. smiliepeelout

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
31s dont rub on mine ya just need the right back spacin.
Its farily sturdy weve pushed a truck with the one on the 85 and it was fine. Just dont hit nothin too hard or itll probly bend. It was 189 bucks or somethin around there so it aint too expensive to replace if ya do bend it. Them stock ones ya got on there aint too bad. I had em on the 76 and pushed a truck around with it and they were fine.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
31s dont rub on mine ya just need the right back spacin.
Its farily sturdy weve pushed a truck with the one on the 85 and it was fine. Just dont hit nothin too hard or itll probly bend. It was 189 bucks or somethin around there so it aint too expensive to replace if ya do bend it. Them stock ones ya got on there aint too bad. I had em on the 76 and pushed a truck around with it and they were fine.

Ok, just aslong as it isn't complete crap. I don't plan on pushing anything, but you never know.

I like whats on it now, but I just want something a little different. I need to get a new grill too, since mines busted. Picked up about $60 worth of stuff for it earlier too, I'll try to get pics and show ya'll what that was tommorrow... I can already see this thing turning into a money pit. :rofl:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ive been pretty happy with it. The name of the company is Wildcat Flash. JBG has em on theyre site but I had to wait three months cause it was on back order. Next time im goin directly to the manufacturer.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Check craigslist, regularly. you'll find a deal.

Yep, just ain't had the time lately to really search anywhere. Between church, scouts, school, and working on the Bronco. I really ain't had that much free time.

Ive been pretty happy with it. The name of the company is Wildcat Flash. JBG has em on theyre site but I had to wait three months cause it was on back order. Next time im goin directly to the manufacturer.

Alright... I'll around for one.

This probably won't be something that gets done in the near future either, but just an idea I have in my head. smilieeatndrink

EDIT: JBG has them $140 for black ones, and $150 for chrome ones..

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles