Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

393w in my 94 F150

The airgap was a bad choice due to the cams power band.

Not a huge deal....Id just swap in a nastier cam to make use of the 6500rpm band....3000-3200 stall shifting at 6800 with a 7k limiter seems about right.
That would just make things worse unfortunately, and here's why. On a 351 the E7 heads become restrictive at anything over 4500rpm, on a 393 that's down to 4000rpm.. maybe even lower. As it stands the right cam and intake for this motor is one that makes power from idle to 4000rpm, and while that combo would produce a mountain of TQ the HP peak would be quite low. If you want a powerband that suits the displacement this thing has then install better flowing heads and leave the cam and intake alone.

SC
I shouldve mentioned the heads but I didnt have specifics for Wheezy motors.

The "under construction" build in your sig sounds pretty good. Link to a build thread?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
he hasn't started a build thread that i know of and when i asked him how it was goin he said he got her runnin but still had some bugs to work out and hadn't had the time to mess around with the twEECer...Tony, try and get in touch with Mike (countryboy116) he was selling a complete rebuilt P&P set of e7te's for a REALLY good price......I think it was 300 bucks or somethin like that.Thumper of orange park did the heads...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Nah, I don't want to do anything to raise the powerband. I may switch intakes, but that will be when I get around to it. It's good enough as it is right now.

I shouldve mentioned the heads but I didnt have specifics for Wheezy motors.
Yeah the Ford small block heads are really small, embarassing actually compared to what came on a Chev 350 or Dodge 360. It probably makes sense when you consider they were originally developed for a 260, but I don't understand why they weren't upsized like the block was when the 351 was first developed. These Dart heads have huge ports compared to the E7's... the Dart exhaust port is about the same size as the E7 intake port!!

The "under construction" build in your sig sounds pretty good. Link to a build thread?
No thread at this point, it's still a growing collection of parts but I plan to take lots of pics during and after the build. I'm "between jobs" at the moment so the budget is a little cramped though I do have some time on my hands. Now if I could just get all the other pressing projects out of the way(house needs new roof) I may be able to make something of all this. I'm gonna reuse the bottom end of the 5.8 I have as it was completely rebuilt by me with good parts so I know what I got and it should have lots of life left in it. If the Dyno sims are correct this thing should make between 360 and 380hp and well over 400 ft lbs TQ, I think the intake will be the limiting factor but I plan to do some porting on it before assembly anyway.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The main use for the truck is dd and towing with some mild off roading. I want a low end grunt from it.

SC
Tony,
then get the standard E-brock performer intake...not the performer RPM. It wil work better with what you have.

Paul,
Im waiting for a build thread.

SC
I think the pig just made you his b!tch

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Nope! My springs are just crap. They've each got 2 AAL's and the tiny spring clamps have snapped and now the leaves are separating from each other due to non-matched arching. I'm thinking that the orig. leaves were tired by the time the AAL's were put in by the previous owner. I've got no clue. But it rides stiff as a board and I'd like to get some nice lift springs to replace them.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Don't get the ones at Bronco Graveyard. Payload sucks.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles