Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

393w in my 94 F150

aw man no grabber green???

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Im planning on stroking out a 351w sometime in the next year, but im bouncing back and forth between a 393 or 427 build...

Where did you get your stroker kit?

go get an Fe block. Like an a 360 (352 block aswell) 390 i think 400 (theres 4 more FE blocks i think) to. They can do a pretty nice poor mans 427. Google poor mans 427

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
go get an Fe block. Like an a 360 (352 block aswell) 390 i think 400 (theres 4 more FE blocks i think) to. They can do a pretty nice poor mans 427. Google poor mans 427

The only thing is, If he already is running a Windsor, it will be cheaper and easier to stroke a windsor.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
We're getting a few heavy storms passing through down here. How is it up your way?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Right now we just got cloud cover...I'm bettin it'll rain a bit tonite if nto then tomorrow...but it's been overcast ALL day...nothin else.....I do like the slight cool breeze comin through though...makes it easier to clean the inside of my truck...just open up the doors and let it blow into the neighbor's yard!We're gonna have to git together sometime cause I showed a buddy of mine a pic of your truck.....he started thrusting his hips at the computer moniter......so it won't be ME you have to worry about with the mating rituals.Speakin of which...any updates yet git any new goodies??????

JR

JR

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
New tires. Pics will be coming tonight after I mount them.

We should find a half way point somewhere and have a get together.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Maybe the lakeland mud bogs or something.

I got Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials. 38-15.50-15. It's funny, they are an inch taller and the same width as my 17/40-15 ground hawgs.

Michigan
WHOA!! :nana: THAT THING IS SAWEET DUDE!!! Gave me some ideas.... Dangit Thanks alot man... :icon_mecker: Ur going to be making my wallet not so happy! lol looks killer dude. We need those pics and vids!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
for some reason i thought he had a 302, the highest ive seen one of those was 347 but ive heard of bigger than that.

i had a 93 stang hatch back with a 5 speed a 347 its scooted. til my parents blew the timing chain and sold it for 700 bucks. traded a pop up camper for it, It was supposed to be my sweet 16 car.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It has about 15K on it now. It's been great. Everything I wanted out of it. I would have done two things different though. I put an edelbrock rpm air gap intake on it. If I were to do it over again, I'd have gone with the regular performer intake. The larger plenum of the air gap intake made it harder to fine tune the carb. I also would have gotten a higher quality hei conversion dizzy. The electronics in the proform unit all failed before 10K miles.

SC
^^^ this is a nice build Tony.

Strokers make so much power at low rpms its insane. The airgap was a bad choice due to the cams power band. That cam was designed for a 351...not a 393....You moved the rpm range down about 500rpm by gaining 42ci. Rather than making power 1000-5500 youre making it from 500-5000rpm where the rpm airgap intake wants 6500rpm.

Not a huge deal....Id just swap in a nastier cam to make use of the 6500rpm band....3000-3200 stall shifting at 6800 with a 7k limiter seems about right.

SUPER PIG!

^^^ this is a nice build Tony.

Strokers make so much power at low rpms its insane. The airgap was a bad choice due to the cams power band. That cam was designed for a 351...not a 393....You moved the rpm range down about 500rpm by gaining 42ci. Rather than making power 1000-5500 youre making it from 500-5000rpm where the rpm airgap intake wants 6500rpm.

Not a huge deal....Id just swap in a nastier cam to make use of the 6500rpm band....3000-3200 stall shifting at 6800 with a 7k limiter seems about right.

SUPER PIG!

YES!!!!

Ford Truck Articles