Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

393w in my 94 F150

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You probably saw the thread where I did the solid axle swap on my 94 F150. At that time I also killed off the old wore out 302 in favor of more power. I put in a 393W. It's a 351 windsor bored .030 over with a stroker crank. I wanted a good low to midrange puller, so I kept the compression mild. It's right around 9.0:1. I also opted for a mild lunati cam. It's sort of an RV?Towing grind. Part # 61001. I also got rid of the fuel injection and computer controls. (don't tell on me;)) It has a Holley 600 4 barrell carb and an HEI conversion dizzy. Since the computer just sits there drooling now, I also switched to a non computer controlled tranny. Yup, the good old c-6.

(just for Chris)

Mine has longtubes. :p

393w2.jpg

393windsor4.jpg

393windsor2.jpg

that is really awesome. im so jealous. i would love to put a 393w in my '86 f250. great job! it looks incredible. the ride must be amazing.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thanks. It has power right where you want it for a truck. It comes on strong at low rpm's and stays strong over a broad range. I love the windsor blocks. You can do so much with them.

Looks good YelloThumbUp

I bet it's just a wee bit more powerful than the 5.0 smiliepeelout

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thanks Chris.

Oh and longtubes are also for us guys that don't have inspections to deal with. lol

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
waw.. nice.. im so jealouse

make a vid of it :D:D

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Im planning on stroking out a 351w sometime in the next year, but im bouncing back and forth between a 393 or 427 build...

Where did you get your stroker kit?

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'd like to stroke my 302 to 331 eventually, but we'll see. Plans change.. I may just go for the 351 which won't blow in half when I put some big power through it. Or get myself a Dart block. :D

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's a strong runner and doesn't like passing too many gas stations. ;)

Tony... that's sweet. You buy that thing put together or build it yourself recently?

Ryan

I pulled a 351w block out of the junkyard and had a local machine shop hot tank, bore, align hone the mains, surface the deck and put in cam bearings. I bought a balance rotating assembly (pistons,rings,pins,rods,crank and bearings) and put it in. The heads are the E7T truck heads. I had the machine shop surface them and do a 3 angle valve job. Since it was being built for low to midrange grunt, I passed on having any post or bowl work done.

The compression is right around 9.0:1. I put a mild Lunati cam in it, a 600cfm Holley on it and of course, long tube headers. It's been in for about 2 years now. I have about 11,000 miles on it now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts