Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wanted!! 1951 florida lic.plate in good cond.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
DOUG, thanks for the tip,i just found a nice 51 florida plate in a pawn shop
I paid $25 ,had it verified & now it is on my truck all legal & registerd

Good deal! I really like the paint scheme on your truck.

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
MARK, here in florida you can put a lic.plate with the year of the vehicle on your truck or car & it will be legal & registered to you.first of all when you find your plate like I did ( 1951 plate for 1951 truck) you have to send it to
motor vehicle to verify that it is an original plate & that it has not been stolen,or repainted or modified in any way,if everything passes then they will register that plate to your vehicle that is how it works here in florida
I would check with your motor vehicle & see what it takes to put a certain year plate on your vehicle.I have 2 of them--1951 plate(1951 ford F1) &
1953 plate on my 1953 mercury convertible.Good luck Bob

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
Father Doug, Thanks for the complement on the color of my truck,it was that color when I bought it,at first I did not like the color combo of the truck & I was going to paint it all one color but everyone keeps on telling me how much they like that color combo,so little by little the color grew on me,I know that I have never seen another one painted like that,i have seen green
with black fenders--maroon with black fenders & a couple of other combos
but never this combo,even the interior is the same ,so when I go to have it painted it will be the same color combo thanks again for the complement Bob

primetime

sawmill slave
I didn't know that could be done . Pretty cool.

We can do the same thing here in Michigan in lieu of an antique plate. You have to send the state a color photocopy of the plate, proof of ownership and insurance of the vehicle, along withe $35, and they will send you a registration.

Ford Truck Articles