Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Undercoating...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I was wanting to undercoat my truck there isn't allot rust i've all ready power washed the underneath but yet there is still allot of surface rust what would be good to prime over the rust?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've heard very mixed things about POR i've heard people saying it falls off after about a year or so has any one used this before??

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Brian has had Eastwood on his undercarraige since he bought the truck and it still looks great. I'm sure he'll come in here soon enough.

If you can clean it well (by hand-with sandpaper or scuff pads) you might consider a spray in truck bed liner.

Yes Chris..my frame and everything under there is coated with eastwood's rust encapsulator, but I want more protection and noise reduction on the floorboards and under the fenders.

I wish I could media blast the frame, coat with epoxy primer, and top coat with a single stage. Oh well....

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've heard good things about Rust Encapsulator or Rust Bullet. I myself have used Chassis Saver and really like it, except that it's UV sensitive so black would turn charcoal after awhile. But, it holds up really well.

Ford Truck Articles