Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This'll show you that Ford is serious

blacksnapon

Staff member
P1501 Vehicle Speed Sensor Out Of Self Test Range TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1572 Brake Pedal Switch Circuit PCM REFER to Section 310-03.
P1633 Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1635 Tire/Axle Out Of Acceptable Range TCM REFER to Section 418-01 (diesel engine only).
P167F Non-OEM Calibration Detected TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1702 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Intermittent TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1703 Brake Switch Out Of Self-Test Range PCM REFER to Section 310-03.
P1705 Transmission Range Circuit Not Indicating Park/Neutral During Self Test TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1711
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Look at p167f (non oem programming detected). It shows that its generated by the tcm (trans control module). Whats cool, if you look in the tcm dtcs, its not there. If you look in the pcm dtcs, its not there. Just remember, the dtc exists, and unless you are specifically looking for it, you wont find it.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I don't blaim them for getting serious. I have read elsewhere that people are running the delete pipe with Spartans tunes. Taking everything off and taking it in for warranty work. Some claim that Spartans tuner can't be detected once it is returned to stock. (Matt hasn't maid that claim any where) I wouldn't want to be the one to find out. It would be hard for me to void the warrenty on a new 40k truck. That is why I am waiting for my warrenty to expire before I start playing with my 6.0.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I think it's a good thing. Ford is in a hard spot. They don't want to upset customers, but can't afford to pay warranty claims that were caused by abuse. I feel sorry for the techs that have to deny warranty because of it though.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think it's a good thing. Ford is in a hard spot. They don't want to upset customers, but can't afford to pay warranty claims that were caused by abuse. I feel sorry for the techs that have to deny warranty because of it though.

Where it gets unfortunate, in my opinion, is that there are a whole lot of really misinformed consumers out there. Yeah there are some who should know better and are just trying to stick it to Ford, but there are a lot more who are just clueless and wind up getting burned. Not that it's not their fault, but it's still too bad.

*If I were to go buy a 6.4 at my local dealer, what would Ford tell me about modding it and the warranty?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Good point Ian. Ford does need to get aggressive in informing the consumer about mods.

blacksnapon

Staff member
On the radiator support, there is a sticker that outlines it. Unfortunately, they're being bombarded by the aftermarket in ways to "hide" any modifications.

Ford Truck Articles