Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Speed limiter?

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
An aviation buddy of mine remarked to me this morning that he had done over 100 in his Explorer on the highway ('95, 4 door, 2WD, 4.0, auto). I thought that was awfully high. I didn't wanna get some triple digits on mine to see one way or the other, but I remember my Ranger when it was stock limiting at mid-90s. What's the limiter on the aforementioned Explorer stock? And mine for that matter?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Not exactly sure what the limiter is on a explorer but I know for a fact. On the 2000 Ford zx2 they about 90 -105.
My friends starts cutting out at 92 while the one I have cuts out at 103. Both are the same year and exactly the same in every way but color.
Kinda Odd one would think they would be the same.

sounding like "over 100" is less likely than "near 100". what do those odometer's go to on a 95 explorer. if it's 85 like my F150, maybe he was just guessing

emtzach

i get paid to do this
speedo should be 120 ... any way i think the diff would be in ure vehicle speedo reading and calibration its supposed to be 98 as far as the computer is concearned of course theres always somw way around it

emtzach

i get paid to do this
i second guessed myself on the 120 but found a pic i know 120 sounds crazy especially if uve ever driven one .... but they put it there for show i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Speedo in 95-up goes to 120 as far as I know. If it stops raining at some point I may take it out to the closed runway and see where mine kicks in at.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts