Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spark Plugs...PLEASE HELP!

I have a 98 f150 v8 5.4 L, the 'triton'. I do my own maintenence and repair on my vehicles, however, I'm not very familiar working on fords. (Keep in mind-this is NOT my first time changing spark plugs!!!!!) Can somebody please give me suggestions/advice/help?!?!?

I have a 98 f150 v8 5.4 L, the 'triton'. I do my own maintenence and repair on my vehicles, however, I'm not very familiar working on fords. (Keep in mind-this is NOT my first time changing spark plugs!!!!!) Can somebody please give me suggestions/advice/help?!?!?

Welcome to FTF!

I think this TSB applies to your engine...

3 Valve Engine Spark Plug Removal

There are several threads concerning spark plugs in the modular engines in the 4.6, 5.4, V10 forum.

Last edited:
If its a 98 it's a 2valve engine the only advise I have is to start on it cold! the back two on the pass side are the hardest but if you remove the plastic cover on the fuse and wiring harness that's mounted on the fire wall and take all the bolts out of the bracket it will make it a lot easier to reach those plugs. I always use motorcraft or autolite plugs you can go with oe plugs or single platinum. I put anti seize on the treads and use dielectric grease on all boots. I think all 5.4s have coil on plugs so new boots for the coils would be up to you the are not to expensive to replace. The coil bolts are 7mm and a swivel makes it easier to get them out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts