Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Radio and headlight adustment questions

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So, I got home tonight and decided that I wanted to see if the old factory AM radio still worked in the '71 and to my surprise it still does, BUT it is in fact only AM and there's not much to my liking on that radio band...

Is there any other FoMoCo AM/FM radios that'll be a direct replacement for the current radio, and what is a good working factory AM radio worth now adays?

Also, what is the size of the original speakers and is there a common replacement for whats in there (other than LMC)?

Second, I was attempting to align my headlights tonight and took a half twist too much pushing the screw out of the bucket, while trying to fix it I popped the retainer off of the back of the screw. What is the easiest way to get the retainer to stay on the back of the screw???

Thanks in advance...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
For the radio if ya want a good one go here they also have speakers for the dash too.
http://www.casmfg.com/radios.htm#USA-1
I got the USA-630 with the Ipod cable hookup and a dual voice coil speaker for the dash. It works excelent and has a nice clear sound even through the dash speaker. Ive had it up fairly loud and havent blown the speaker yet so its a good speaker. The radio is a direct swap minus the wiring, no cutting no drilling. The original bezel fits over the face of it and looks great. The speaker we just drilled three holes through the bottom side of the dash and used sheet metal screws to hold it in there. The radio is very compact and lightwieght. It looks great in the truck and somewhat close to the original. It also comes with a braket to support the back of the radio but we didnt use it cause its so light. If ya want I can get some pics tomorrow of it.

Edit: just found a pic of it I took.
truck008.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Old thread. :/
I just didn't see it. :/
Can we put the Gen5 and Gen6 forums back together?
Please? :)

And do away with the engine forums since they are "part of the pickup" too. LOL ;)
Put those engine threads in the Gen forum they belong to and then they'll get more
exposure instead of having to go to them individually.

Just a couple months ago did the same thing on FTE asked a 351w question in the
engine forum and got no responses for a couple weeks so put the same question in
the '86to95 forum and -wham-. Answers.

Look at the FE/FT forum for an example of low traffic. :/

---------------------------

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100Philco.jpg
Are those old radios even worth shipping costs? :/

As far as automotive speakers and radios go... Crutchfield rules that market! :)

Am I too late with the Crutchfield suggestion, 1970 Cus? :/

Alvin in AZ

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts